Radio Control Bait Boats

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by cat_daddy1, May 14, 2009.

1. cat_daddy1

cat_daddy1 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I've seen paople at dams catching alot of fish using radio control boats. I looked these bait boats up online and found that the only companies that make them are in the UK. Also they are upwards of $600. I figure you could make one out of a cheap radio control boat but don't know if they have the range or capability. Any suggestions?

2. OkieHenry

OkieHenry New Member

State:
    Hulbert, Oklahoma
    They make on with a trolling motor that you reel back, only down fall it takes two people one to hold the rod & reel for the boat and one to hold the rod thats baited, I herd a guy in Webber Falls Okla. makes the radio controled boats but I don't know how much or who he is.
    I know where one of the trolling moto types is, it don't have a motor, but its new. Shoot me a PM if you want some more info.

3. cat_daddy1

cat_daddy1 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Yeah i've seen the ones with the trolling motor looks like alot of work they are huge too. I think I might try to make one out of a cheap radio controlled boat. If you have any info on that guy from webber falls that might be helpfull. thanx

4. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    A drawback I've seen is that your transmitter has a limited range. If you're going a long ways across the dam. you may lose signal. Also, if the dam is running a lot of water, they'd have trouble going against the current.
    I've seen the trolling motor boats and, although they're a lot of work, the upside is that you get out where the chances of a biggun are better.