Racoon River

Discussion in 'IOWA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by lilrivercatman, Aug 30, 2005.

1. lilrivercatman

lilrivercatman New Member

State:
    Iowa
    DOES ANYONE FISH THE RACOON RIVER!!!!! NOone has been reply to my other post :cursing:

2. davesoutfishing

davesoutfishing New Member

State:
    Menominee Michigan
    where is that river at lil? is that up by muscatine? Im from Burlington

3. tomturkey

tomturkey New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Raccoon ends in Des Moines. Flows from the Northwest. Near Van Meter the Middle and North Raccoons come together. The river has good flathead and channel populations. The previous state record Channel 38# came from the Middle Raccoon Near Redfield. I know that a 46# flathead was caught north of Adel on the North Raccoon this summer. Of course as is the case in most of Iowa, the river runs thru Private property. One must ask permission to access it. I've enjoyed very good success on the "coon"

4. drews0311

drews0311 New Member

State:
    iowa
    hey

i grew up on the raccoon river but i live in southern cali now. the last time i fished the coon was a year ago. i have seen a 67 lb flathead pulled off a throw line by my best friend. i have only fished the coon in greene county around jefferson Ia. use live bullheads, hook them behind the dorsal fin use a three way swivil with about 6 ounce weight. cast in the deep holes and wait

drews

5. jashale

jashale New Member

State:
    Des Moines, Iowa
    I fish the racoon and des moines rivers. I am fishing for big flathead but I have not caught one yet. Hopefully soon I will.