Racoon River in Adel

Discussion in 'IOWA RIVERS TALK' started by frostycold1, Jun 23, 2006.

1. frostycold1

frostycold1 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Anyone doing any good lately. Seen several people out on the banks this week. Drove to red rock for one 6lb channel. Oh well at least I didn't get skunked.

2. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    Frank, I think you missed the redrock bite by two months!. Well, I don't know that for sure, I am just guessing.

I heard some wild stories last week so I got my butt out to the local dams because the stories were good. I never got a flathead of any size, I was out 4 evenings this week. I got some channels. Mostly they had big heads like they were males. They guard the nest like flats do? Some of them were 75% head with a skinny little body. I took four home one night and some had eggs yet. The biggest one was maybe 10# and the rest were about 2-3#. Good luck.

3. frostycold1

frostycold1 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I got in on the tail end of the crappie spawn too. A lot of articles are saying the channels will spawn in July. I'll just have to get out there and see.

4. cathunter28

cathunter28 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    i went out friday night . fished from 9pm friday to 330pm saterday in adel on the river up on windbend. we pulled a 15 and an 11lbs flatts and a 15lbs snapper going back next saterday going to try to hit the water by 5 or 6 oclock pm say out till morning.

5. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Hey cathunter i sure hope your planning on coming to the gathering july21-23 Island campground Adel

6. cathunter28

cathunter28 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    ya i will be there i have to work 3rd shift 11 to 7 but i will see if i can take saterday off.