racoon hunting

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by flannelman, Oct 29, 2005.

1. flannelman

flannelman New Member

anybody here doin any coon huntin?

2. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Not yet but i'm ready to shoot some with my .17. Going to try calling them in this year.

3. flannelman

flannelman New Member

i rather my version of PETA. People Eating Tasty Animals. whose with me. haha. anyway, do any of ya think that a high powered slingshot can bring down a raccoon? i have nothing else to use until i get my bow.

4. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    im sure a sling shot could be used if ya hit the coon in the head, i use a .22 mag rifle an have a hard time sometimes knocking them out of a tree,last year my dogs treed a huge coon up int the top of this dead oak,i shot 6 shots into this coon in the head an neck area and when he hit the ground he still tryed to make a run for it,if it wasnt for the dogs jumping on him i think he would have ran off......good luck

5. flatheaddundee

flatheaddundee New Member

State:
    Madison,MS
    Coons are some tough little critters ain't they haha. I've never been coon hunting but I would like to go and I'm sure its fun. The only way I get coons are in 1 1/2 coils haha. I just happen to have two little baby pet raccoons I caught last spring they make great pets they live in my room and crap in a litterbox and sleep in my bed with me. The only reason they sleep at night is because I wear them out in the daytime haha. They are great pets and they are very affectionate towards me and they get along with my dog just fine.

6. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    How long would those pets last if the price of fur was high? :)

7. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    i have had coons in the past and i would recommend u get their front claws removed and never make'em mad because they are still wild and will tear u up take it from me i have been tore up by my pet coon i had when i was younger

dusty

8. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I've never coon hunted, but I sure do have some that I'd like to take out. These suckers eat a ton of corn throughout the year from my deer feeders.

9. flatheaddundee

State:
    Madison,MS
    I couldnt sell my lil pet coons im too attached to them. I've made them mad before and they do get a lil feisty though but they don't ever really get downright mean. I've had them since the skin was still over their eyelids milked them the whole way up. But they are great to me except for some of their rampages on my stuff lol.

10. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    cool pic with the deer and coon mellon.

we use dogs to tree them and shoot them with 22s.

flatheaddundee,you must have not have mad them mad enough yet, but you will. lol i feel for you when ya do ouch,been there done that.

11. flatheaddundee

State:
    Madison,MS
    Yea the big boar got a lil ticked or somethin yesterday and went beserk and bit hard enough to draw blood, but it wasnt nothin a lil peanut butter wouldnt calm down lol.

12. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    ya'll got me wanting a pet coon now, but i wouldn't mind having one of those peta waterheads for a pet also....lol..........

13. flatheaddundee

State:
    Madison,MS
  14. flannelman

flannelman New Member

i hear that jfinch. i hate those peta people. the only people who will blow up buildings with people in them to kill them just to save the life of a goat

15. flathead willy

flathead willy New Member

State:
    Madison, MS
    Whoa that would be a little extreme haha. I wrote a play about PETA for school in my writing class. I had all of them being killed by cougars and catching rabies.... The principal disapproved and the actors were not able to act it out. They said it was childish for a 12th grader to write such nonsense.

16. flatheaddundee

State:
    Madison,MS
    Yea I think our principal is a member of PETA I came to school today late cause I was hunting and I had that lil 8 in the back of my truck and blood on my boots and he gave me detention. Said that it was violent, what a loser.

17. flathead willy

State:
    Madison, MS
    Yea ol Mr. Davis won't ever give us a break. haha can't wait till may

18. flatheaddundee

State:
    Madison,MS
    Yea I'm bring a bag full of feathers from the first turkey I get and puttin it in his office with his pissant cat for our senior prank. When he gets back it ought to be nothin but feathers everywhere. Think I might need more than a few turkey though, and kinda thinkin of puttin honey on em too. Then I'd like to see that crazy old man get on to anybody about hunting ever again. :D

19. flathead willy

State:
    Madison, MS
    haha damn man that sounds bout like the perfect prank to me. We gonna hit the gobblers hard again this season?

20. flatheaddundee

State:
    Madison,MS