Racing - who likes it?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by field989, Jun 2, 2006.

1. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    i was just wondering how many people like racing(any kind, drag racing, nascar, ect)

me personaly i like everything except dirtbike(unless i see it live, not on tv) my favorites would be semi racing, drag racing(including motorcycles), le mans, and of course nascar lol

2. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    im more of a dale jr. fan and martin truex jr. fan lol

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I love to watch Nascar,I was also raised going to local dirt tracks.Pretty much if its got horsepower and speed I like it.I'm also a Dale Jr. and Truex Jr. fan.I'm gonna try to make it to a race again this year.

4. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana

5. CAT ADDICT

CAT ADDICT New Member

State:
    Ohio
    We have 3 mustangs. 1 is for sunny day fun and a little drag racing, 90 lx 5.0. We are getting ready to put a 429 with a powerglide in the 85GT strictly for the 1320. And my wife's '04 V6 daily driver that she will probably take to the drag strip too.

6. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Nascar Jeff Gordon #24 and Jimmy Johnson #48 Fan !!

7. katfishhunter

katfishhunter New Member

State:
    illinois
    I also am a nascar junkie. #3 Sr. will always be the greatest but I also have supported Dale jr. and now Truex jr. I was into racing in high school, I had an 82 gran prix that looked like a grocery getter but would run like a striped a@# ape we kept it looking bone stock but boy was it far from it. We put a built 350 in it with a 350 turbo, shift kit, lmtd slip, and you know the rest. Boy did I win alot of beer with that car. I bought a 89 mustang Gt, 5 sp. in 94 man that one would scream also couldnt find much on the street that would touch it until the formula Lt 350 6spds came out and man did they make me look bad. Then went to the Harleys and just cruized.
    Still havent lost the need for speed though I just do it on the water now in my fishkin boat the katketcher.

8. youngcatfisherman55

youngcatfisherman55 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I love nascar. I am a Little E and Mark Martin fan.

9. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I'm a nascar junkie and this is the first year in many that we did not go to Texas for the races.I was a huge Earnhardt Sr. fan and racing lost something huge when it lost him.There are several drivers I like.Little E,Martin truex,Mark Martin,Rusty Wallace,Ricky Rudd,Jimmy Johnson,Casey Kain,and some others.

10. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    i forgot to put up there i like rusty and kenny wallace

11. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Love NASCAR ON TV GO #6 I still own a 9 sec. bracket car

12. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Love Nascar! Just got through watching the Craftsman truck race. Favorites are Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson. Also like Elliott Sadler, Kasey Kahne, Michael Waltrip, Dale Jr. Just love to watch it!! If you've never been to an Indy car race & get the chance..you should go. Those things are wicked-fast!

13. borntocatfish

borntocatfish New Member

State:
    NW ohio
    love racing nascar, bikes, indy
    love the tv show PINKS

14. LarryS

LarryS New Member

State:
    Clinton,Il
    Jeff Gordon fan here, it's ok make fun of me i can handle it:cool2:

15. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    If it has wheels and a motor and it can be raced I am all for it!

Follow mostly nascar now and like Martin, Edwards and Harvick!

Once you have racing in your blood your hooked!

Drove a dragster then funny car back in the 70's - great fun and expensive hobby! LOL

Worked for Motorola throughout the 80's and was the Racing Radios rep for Indy cars - great advantage was getting into the shops and going to the tracks and observing the sport from a different perspective - you get to meet drivers, crews and a few famous people along the way!

My daughter (who is a general manager for a cel company) just went to the Indy 500 as a guest of Motorola and Andretti / Green Racing and got the royal treatment - She and her husband just got married so it was a honeymoon they will never forget!

16. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Good thing lol

17. Jimmy Don

Jimmy Don Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I love racing, Horse racing, I never could get into any of the car racing. I just can't sit and watch people drive in circles all day. I know the horses run in a circle but generally only one per race. It may be an attention span thing I don't know.

18. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Yeah...we've learned how to deal with all that, haven't we??

19. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i'am big on nascar, seen 1st race at bristol motor speedway, what a track. also been to the indy 500 several times. in nascar i like dale jr, jeff gordon, and tony steward, indy car danica and little al.