Race on time!

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by catfishrollo, Jul 7, 2007.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    race on time. every track is different, and what do you work on from week to week for nothing? im tired of these provisionals, owners points...etc. i will say im a 55 fan. i know, wow what a thread!!! no , i really do believe Nascar should base their times on qualifying. its too bad when you are 18th. fastest and miss out on the 42 car field because of owners points and provisionals. what about today? rain delays!!??? i think they need to look at that one also. i can see a washout being based on points. What about after 3/4 of the field has qualified? thats not fair to the majority... have the remaining runs asap..? i dunno, easy for me to raise cain about all this stuff. but, i have only been watching nascar for a couple yrs. never been to a race in person. but i don't see how it is fair for nascar to dictate soo many circumstances. what if you are a new team trying to improve? like toyotta? how much money can you afford to lose without racing much? esp. if you have a car that is in the top 10 during qualifying...then rained on....what a total let down....you were in the top 10 with a couple to go...but...go home see you next week...???...rollo

2. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I don't see where they had much choice but set the Busch field by standings! There is no time to do a qualifying on Sat. They will get things done at 9 AM and clear out in time for the Cup guys to do their thing!:crazy:

3. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I would like to see all of the "Go or go home cars" run their cars, befor the rest of the field. that way if rain comes the guys with less points will all have a chance to run. If the rains come and the rest of the field dosnt have a chance to get on the track you still have a chance to race.Let the 18 or so cars that have to get in on speed go first. Then even if it rains, you can put them at the back of the field.and they still have a chance to race.

4. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I wonder what it cost (money wise)the teams that did not get a chance.
    Bill

5. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack

I have to agree, never was a big fan of provisionals. Let the fastest 43 cars race. As for qualifying, I say have a 50 lap qualifying race for the last 20 cars in points to get in.

6. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    It aint about the racing. Wake up and smell the coffee.

7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    its not about the racing, but what if they lost ratings and fans... it would quickly be about the racing ! and i do smell the coffee when i wake up..lol sometimes...:smile2:

8. tallbump

tallbump New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Well, I definitely feel for Waltrip.
    But, i saw him on inside Nextel Cup or whatever that show is called on Speed, and he was so cool about it. He said rules are rules, what can you do? I already liked the guy, but now I have even more respect for him. I agree, that they need to re examine the whole owners points things. And, I am not to big of a fan of starting by how they are in the standings, but don't really know what they could do better either.