Rabbit Soup - It's Gonna Be Serious!!!

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by catfishrollo, Jan 20, 2009.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    We got seven rabbits the other day out hunting. Decided to make a pot of rabbit soup for dinner! 5 quarts of homegrown quartered tomatos from the garden, some vegetables, 5 cloves of garlic, couple big onions, and a smidge of brown sugar, along with a couple bunnies!!! It's gonna be serious tonight folks!:wink::roll_eyes::smile2: rollo

Attached Files:

2. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Man, your gonna have some fine eatin on that. You made me hungry. I see you have it in a pressure cooker. Do you pressure cook it to tenderize it more or where you just using the pot???

3. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Watch out with the garlic its an aphrodisiac, nevermind your already expecting LOL. Sounds like some good grub

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I use it for other meats, like deer steaks etc. Rabbit, is pretty tender. I just boil it down first, then shred it. I like to use the canner because of the size. You can never make too much:smile2: rollo

5. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    So how did the soup turn out Jason?, sounds like a recipe you need to post so it can go in the BOC recipes...:cool2:

6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Outstanding... My neighbor took a large tub home with him, and I think it was even better today reheated! rollo

7. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    cant rep ya yet but i owe ya one if i remember. sounds serious lol. i got a bunch of bunnie in the freezor. but i raise them lol.

i made it out hunting tuesday and limited out in squirrels. 5 that is.

8. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    We don't have a whole helk of alot around here where I hunt. Rarely see them. Raising them might be the ticket, I saw them in the grocery store the other day, $14/lb!!!!! :eek:oooh::smile2:

9. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    thats some high dollar rabbit 14 bucks a lb wow

10. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    How many pounds ya want? LOL... I can kill by the dozens!:wink: rollo

I boil the rabbits down first, then shed for the slow cookin soup..

11. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Man brother it looks good!!!!!!

12. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Today I am gonna slow cook another big pot of soup, but this time Im gonna add a squirrel in with the rabbit!:wink: I think it will add a little different variety to it.. Well see:roll_eyes: rollo

13. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Reheated? Whenever I tried to reheat rabbit stew, it was totally inedible; the dog wouldn't even eat it! I asked around, and was told that you couldn't reheat rabbit stew. Is there some secret to it?

14. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I just reheat it!:smile2: I think it tastes fine, actually is alittle thicker today than it was yesterday. Heck, i even freeze it, and thaw and reheat it later... rollo

15. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Maybe it's because it was the Easter Bunny. I figured that, like beef stew, it would be even better the next day. My roomie and I were renting a house on an acre of land, and we came in Easter Morning, well into the grape. As we pulled alongside the house, the headlights picked up the Easter Bunny hopping around in the back yard. I told my roomie to keep it in the headlights while I got my .22 out of the house. When I came back out, he was doing donuts in the back yard, chasing the rabbit. Somehow, I managed to pick the right rabbit out of the several I was seeing, and we had the Easter Bunny. The stew was absolutely great just after I fixed it, but the next day, it was toxic. Still don't know why.

16. LureheadEd

LureheadEd New Member

State:
    Geogia
    Jerry, that wasn't rabbit... Rabbit is always better the next day, that musta' been possum... Both possum and cat (Red Cat Stew) are terrible the next day !!!!!:smile2:

17. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Naw, it was rabbit all right. And I had the same results with jackrabbits a couple of years later.