R.I.P. Rocky

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by Mid-MO fisherman, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Mid-MO fisherman

Mid-MO fisherman New Member

State:
    Jefferson City, Mo
    Well guys it has been a tough week for the wife and I. A week ago today we had to put our Rocky to rest. Please pray for the wife. She was Rocky's human for 10 years. She has taken it very hard. Here's a couple of pics of him. He will be missed but in the end he was better off.

Attached Files:

2. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Sorry To Hear About Rocky,he Looked Like A Beautiful Dog. Prayers FROm Indiana To You Both.

3. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    sorry to hear about rocky, i know how you feel i had to put my rott to steep when i was younger. he got that hip deases that they are all famous for.

4. Mid-MO fisherman

State:
    Jefferson City, Mo
    Thank you gcarlin. That means a lot to the both of us.

5. Mid-MO fisherman

State:
    Jefferson City, Mo
    Thanks trukin4x4.

6. Mid-MO fisherman

State:
    Jefferson City, Mo
    Oh by the way, he dint like riding in the golf cart like that. That was my wifes idea. He also made a decent fishing partner, except he took up a lot of room in the boat.

7. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Andy,
    I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. I sometimes ask myself, why do we let ourselves get so close when we know we are going to outlive them? But they are so loyal, and truley do become our "best freinds", it is hard not be so compassionate. Keep your chin up.

8. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    You and your wife will be in my thoughts and prayers.I know how she feels,I had to do the same thing to my fishin partner almost 9 years ago.It may sound stupid to some people but she is sitting on a shelf in a box just waiting for me to join her someday. I had her cermated put in a box and when they bury me they will bury her also. Sure do miss her. she had an enlarged heart(about the size of a softball the vet said).Just couldn't see her suffer. So yes I know how she feels.GOD BLESS and STAY SAFE!!

9. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Animals are a big part of the family alot of times. Sorry to hear about the loss.

10. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Sorry to hear about your loss,he looks so much like my Harley.Harley is a little older but they look a lot alike.
    Here is a pic of Harley and Maggie...

View attachment 15799

11. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Aw, thats a shame. I don't know what I'd ever do with out ol' Buck. I will keep you and the family in our prayers. Sorry to hear that, Beautiful rottie too!

12. IrishO'Brady

IrishO'Brady New Member

State:
    Ga
    I lost one of my weener dogs not too long ago... tough process. Thoughts are with you brother

13. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    Andy,
    Prayers sent from NC.
    Only time will help ease the heartache your wife is going through. At least she has the wonderful memories of that many years with Rocky.

Many people cannot understand how we can get so attached to our dogs. Its simple really. Compared to humans, dogs are more loyal and forgiving, and love uncondtionally....

14. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I hate to hear that. I have rotti's myself. Did he just get old or what happen. The last male I had he cost me 1500 bucks and still his hip problem got the best of him.
    sorry

15. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    Sorry to hear about Rocky, Prayers have been sent from southern California. I really have a big place in my heart for for dogs and it's always tough to hear about someone losing part of their family.

16. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Andy,
    Sorry to hear about your family's loss. Rocky looks like a really great rottie! He reminds me of my rottie, Duke. The picture of him in the golf cart is so typical...he may have liked riding in the golf cart but he did it anyways to please you all. My Duke is the same way. Some things he hates to do but he does it anyways because likes the attention:smile2: . I can only imagine how much you all miss him. Prayer is sent to you all from here.

17. Mid-MO fisherman

State:
    Jefferson City, Mo
    Thanks for the support brothers and sisters. My wife will definately appreciate your post when she gets home and can read them.

18. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    sory to here that prayers sent to you all

19. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Words can't express what my hubby and I went thru this AM I was same as physically ill. Finally my husband announced he couldn't take it any longer and he went back and got him. So now he's home and God willing he will stay with us this time. I wish that Rocky was still by your side.I felt like a huge part of me was missing. If it makes me a wimp then so be it. I am a big time dog lover. Got one outside now nosin around but we can't have anymore than 2 dogs. So I don't know what to do. Did ya say your in mid Missouri? This dog of course is a stray in my neck of the woods people seem to take grat delight in dumping their animals in my yard. If you were close you could have him. He is super friendly--------Pat Powell:smile2:

20. Vonroc

Vonroc New Member

State:
    Central Ohio
    Sorry to hear about your loss. I also have a Rott that is 10 years old, Im sure I will soon be going through the same thing. By the way my dog's name is Sir Kane Vonroc - "Rocky" what a coincidence. As you can tell by my screen name he plays a big part of my life as well.I'm searching for a saved pic on my computer but I just can't seemed to find one. It's amazing how much they look alike . Your picture of Rocky sitting is exactly what my Rocky looks like . Having Rotts for the last 20 years, I know exactly what you are going through. These aren't dogs we've lost, they are family members.I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers