Quotes/Thoughts on Friendship

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Catgirl, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Trouble is a sieve through which we sift our acquaintances. Those too big to pass thru are our friends.

Together we stick, divided we're stuck.

I trust that even when I'm out of sight I'm not out of mind. Silences and distances are woven into the texture of every true friendship.

A friend is a rare book of which but one copy is made.

A friend is a person with a sneaky knack of saying good things about your behind your back.

The best mirror is an old friend.

Folks, please feel free to add some tidbits about friendship that mean something to YOU. SHARING, there's another friendship quality :smile2:.

2. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    Friendships, what can I say about that? Well to start off with, you have to BE A FRIEND, TO HAVE A FRIEND. I have gained many friends over the years thru work, school, community and internet. Some come and stay for a little while, leaving small impact on your lives, and some stay for a lifetime helpin to shape your life forever. I've had the luxury, thank goodness, of having the best of both worlds in this case. I want to say for all those who have stayed only a limited time and have passed on their own courses, I thank you for all you have done to make me who I am with your influence. For those who are just coming into my life and are forging new freindships, I welcome you with open arms and await to see what we become in life and aspire to be the friend to you that you need me to be, and for those of you who are a friend for a lifetime, which seem to be smaller in numbers but stronger than ever, I want to say as I hope I say everytime we talk....I TRULY LOVE YOU AND ALL THAT YOU ARE IN MY LIFE. You hve been there to help me up when I am down, to laugh at me and with me during my most stupid and clumsy moments (which have been many), to cry with and for me when I have hurt, to put my claws back in place when I can tolerate the world no more, and to scold me when I have done wrong. You have the strongest eyes to see the things I cannot, the most sensitive ears to hear every problem or complaint I have had, the strongest shoulders that have helped to support me in my weakest moments, and the largest heart to hold all the love in the world. I am truly honored to have you in my life and only hope that I can live up to be to you what you are to me. I LOVE YOU, MY FRIENDS.

3. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    A friend is someone who knows most? of your faults and still chooses to be in your life!

4. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    A friend is someone who moves in to help take care of your kids after your divorce, while you work.

A friend is someone who calls your parents mom and dad.
    A friend is someone who loves you no matter how you act in public.:crazy:

A friend is someone who buys the tickets and goes with you to see a movie they know they won't like.

A friend would give you thier last dollar just to see you smile.:smile2:

5. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Catgirl is my friend!

Enough said!

Now that you all know, your all gonna have to start treating me with a lot of respect!!!

6. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Let's see...

No matter how many times you've told a story, a friend is willing to listen again - simply because you need to tell it again.

A friend kicks you (gently) under the table when you've got fried chicken between your teeth, instead of hollerin across the table - "need a toothpick??"

When you're too tired and worn to move, a friend will sit down on the curb next to you and wait a bit... for the sigh... before putting out a hand to haul you up.

If you're excited about something you saw/ heard/ realized... a friend is thrilled for you - whether your little revelation is thrilling to him... or not.

A friend doesn't tell you who you are... she sees who God made you to be and inspires you to reach for that goal.

Thanks for this, Tanya :smile2:

7. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    I like this one:
    "Friendships multiply joy - and divide grief".

T.
    _

8. Baker

Baker New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    i dont have any quotes or anything of that sort..but i would like to share a story about a friend.
    i am 16 years old..back in october, my mom passed away. i was soooo devistated i couldnt think straight. my best friend dalton showed up on my doorstep crying right along there with me. he would have done anything just to see me not hurt anymore. every day he went to school, got my homework checked in with teachers, but he never gave me my assignments, nor did he tell me he got them. when i was finaly able to do some school work, he gave me my assignments and sat down there with me and we worked all of our homework out together, just so i wouldnt have to do it myself. he stood by my side day by day and made sure i was going to be alright, now Dalton is not the kid you would see out fishing, or even hunting for that matter. but the day before i went back to school, he told all of my friends to meet him and me down at harlan co lake here in NE....i didnt no about it. he told me he was takin me fishing. so we rounded up all of my gear and i was ready to get my mind cleared(thats what fishing does for me) and when we got out there..i saw all my friends and every single one was sorry for my loss and giving me all kinds of hugs and everything. we didnt catch many fish, but i didnt care. that, is the story of my best friend. and that is also what i would consider the deffinition of a good friend. thanks for reading everyone.-Evan

9. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    After reading the posts already made ,Bout all I can say is you all are the bestest friends a fellow could ever hope to have. Some of you I consider my best and closet friends ,even though we've never met in person. but we share a special kinship just like your buddy you see and talk to each day so to those here who consider me your friends, the feeling is multiplied to you from me. I have about a dozen folks here that I consider my true friends and the rest are friends too. but we will become closer friends as time goes on . I'm glad to have discovered this wonderfull place THANK YOU ALL >>>>FRIENDS.

10. oldgrowler

oldgrowler New Member

State:
    Mannford, Oklahoma
    A true friend is never there to call to bail you out of jail.... they are sitting beside you saying now that was fun!

11. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    "A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

It truly amazes me how attached you can become to folks you've never met!!! I feel honored to be a part of your lives. When i joined this site i had no idea what a impact you folks would have in my life. Thank you for being my friends, you all hold a special place in this ole heart!!!:smile2:

12. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

I love that quote Steve, it's right up my alley :smile2:. Thanks brother man!

13. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Just had to add this one. You can pick your freinds and you can pick your nose, but you cant pick your freinds nose!!:lol:

14. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    You all said it. I love this place.:big_smile:

15. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues."

"If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will."

"I don't like that man. I must get to know him better."

"I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends."

16. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    "May there always be work for your hands to do, may your purse always hold a coin or two. May the sun always shine on your windowpane, may a rainbow be certain to follow each rain. May the hand of a friend always be near you, may God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you