quitting smoking

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by lee, Feb 9, 2009.

1. lee

lee Well-Known Member

State:
    missouri
    i'll be out of pocket for 2 weeks...
    wish me luck
    lee

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Wish you the best. I'm hopelessly addicted.

BB in SC

3. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Wishing you luck brother.

4. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Lee I quit smoking 11 years ago. If I can do it anybody can. Good luck brother.

Tom

5. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Lee you can do it.I quit 38 months ago COLD TURKEY.And that was after 52 + years of puffing on the stupid things. If I can do it Anybody can do it.
    You just have to make up your mind and the first thing is this.YOU REALLY have to want to quit.Bet I tried at least a 1/2 doz before I finally got it done.JUST DON"T GIVE UP>!!

6. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Just don't take up eatin' to compensate. I quit smokin' about a dozen years ago and ballooned from about 225 up to 310. It ain't comin' off as fast as it went on. I've taken off 30 some pounds in the past couple of years. Good luck to you.

7. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Its been over 2 years for me COLD TURKEY. I cant stand the smell of them now.

8. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Best of luck to you,Lee I know your body will thank you for it. I lost both my Dad and my Mother in law to smokes,Wish my wife would quit.

9. catdaddy64

catdaddy64 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I stopped 4 months ago cold turkey and it is hard but if I can do it you can. I smoked 1 to 2 packs a day for over 20 years with very few breaks... There are days when I crave a smoke but have resisted the urge to backslide so far.

10. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    wishing you luck bro. i did it 4 years ago last November,so you can too.

11. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    True words!

When I quit cold turkey I told every person I knew they would never see me smoke another cigarette... that's been 46 years ago.

Quiting tobacco is no comparison to dieting, for one never losses their craving for food.

12. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Your body will thank you.:smile2:

13. Suthrngntlmn

Suthrngntlmn New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Good Luck. I quit last April after 33 years and never picked up another one. Every now and again I'll get the urge for one, but now it only last a split second then it's gone. I know I'm far from being free of that addiction, but I just made up my mind that enough was enough. If you have the right frame of mind you will succeed.

14. alpal16

alpal16 New Member

State:
    Philly, PA
    Good luck brother--I will be right there with you. My stop date is Feb 14th---Valentines present for my wife (and myself) I am starting to hate the stupid things.

15. MOVINON

MOVINON New Member

State:
    Glenwood Iowa
    I know somebody who quit using meth cold turkey. Waylon Jennings quit a $1000 a day cocaine habit. You can do it if you really want to.

16. badger8769

badger8769 New Member

State:
    az
    I quit cold turkey in october,after about 22 years.I still think about them sometimes,but the cost of them are toooooo expensive.Now I have more money for new toys.(I bought a small boat and motor to reward myself) GOOD LUCK:wink:

17. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I'm with ya bro. Im trying to quit now to !! Taking chantix to help me out. Hope it works:confused2:

18. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Good luck, you can do it.

That was my present to myself yesterday for my birthday; I'm putting them down for good this time. In the past I've grown complacent AFTER licking the habit (nearly 3 yrs. once) and believing that I could enjoy 'just one'. That's all it takes to resume the habit, just one.

19. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I decided to try to quit, yet again. On the second day now. Tough, but I am determined to quit.

BB in SC

20. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Wish you luck Bill. Keep us posted. Stay strong:wink: