quiting smoking

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by justaredneck, Dec 11, 2008.

1. justaredneck

justaredneck New Member

State:
    kansas
    just laying around the house with a broken leg and seeing how i cant drive anyware i want to quit smoking with another 4-6 weeks of this it is oppertune time to quit the only problem is i get grumpy and drive my wife nuts, any suggestions to make myself more bearable for her and my kids sake would be appreciated.

2. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    See if your Dr. will give you a script for Chantix. I think it is great. Two months short of a year for me. And that is after 40 plus years of heavy smoking. I was only on it for about ten weeks. Good luck quiting saves a bunch of cash! :big_smile:

3. Esox Hunter

Esox Hunter New Member

State:
    Birmingham U.K.
    Ok Steve:

I quit 2 weeks ago (and the beer at the same time 'cos I can't give up one without the other). One trick that helps is to get a rubber band & wrap it round your wrist & when you get the urge to spark up........*TWANG* yerself nice & hard. The urge soon disappears believe me.

Good luck.

4. justaredneck

justaredneck New Member

State:
    kansas
    thanks i think i will try both idears the only problem with the rubber band is feeling it over the pain pills they gave me for my leg. i guess i will just find an extra big one and snap it real hard, if that dont work i will borrow my friends shock collar for his dog, that might do the trick :smile2:

5. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Best of luck to you with a very serious addiction. I've tried a thousand times to quit, but keep starting back. I did quit COLD TURKEY for 14 months. I smoked cigars (NO inhaling) to get my tobacco taste and smell. It worked great, and had I not had a VERY traumatic event happen, I would still be quit today.
    Bill in SC

6. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Steve the way I quit was I set goals for myself first few weeks one day at a time then one week at a time worked up to a month at a time Its hard for I went cold tuckey every time I had a craveing I woud tell my self suffer for you started yourself and you can quit your self I saved my cigarette money and bought me a red 150 honda scooter Best wishes for you my friend Oh yea I quit in 1990:smile2:

7. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Don't know if you like Butterscotch candy but thats what I ate for about 3 months when I quite.Think i should of been part owner in tha co fo rawhile. I smoked for 52yrs and quite Cold Turkey 3 yrs ago.You just have to make up your mind you really want to do it.I tried 3-4 times with all the fancy stuff they have out to avail.Till I made up my mind I was gonna do it.Thats the first step.If I can do it I know you can.Just don't give or give in. By the way, sorry to hear you have broken leg.

8. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I got sick as a dog and quit cold turkey. Been over two years now without a puff. Done for life. If ya want one just think about that smilie on these posts slapping ya in the head. :crazy::crazy::crazy:

9. Kansas Tree Rat

Kansas Tree Rat New Member

State:
    Waverly, Kansas
    Sense the wife gets a little nuts maybe you should use the rubber band trick but instead of you snapping it let her do it...:smile2::eek:oooh::wink:
    Good luck one way or the other!

10. justaredneck

justaredneck New Member

State:
    kansas
    i am sure she would enjoy that, maybe a little bit 2 much:smile2: she really is a amazing woman to put up with me when i do smoke. downright needs to be crowned a saint when she puts up with me trying to quit smoking with a very painful broken leg thats why i am determined to give it my best shot.