Quit cold turkey

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by RiverKing, Nov 26, 2006.

1. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Well I finally did it, I woke up about a week ago and decided not to smoke cigarettes anymore, and havent smoked since.Not even a puff..I have been smoke free now for 8 days..I am glad to finally kick that bad habit..It wasnt as hard actually as i thought it would be. I will now have ALOT more money, like 250 bucks a month...I see a boat payment in my futue...LOL..Smoking sure is an expensive habit

2. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Matt - keep up the great work! I understand that smoking is a TOUGH habit to break. The extra cash is a nice bonus.

3. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Well, congratulations Matt! That is just fantastic :lol:

Have you always had real strong willpower and had you tried to quit in the past? It sure is expensive ... and a tough habit to break. Keep up the good work!

4. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    congrats matt keep it up

5. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    this is the first time i ever tried to really quit..I mean i had talked about it in the past but didnt really want to stop, so i didnt....Somethng just clicked in my mind, and i decided how stupid it was for me...I was always complaining about being broke, and wanting a new boat, but how i couldnt afford it...Then I realized well i am spending 250 bucks a month on freaking Cigarettes..So i mean, either a new boat, or a pack of Newports everyday....It wasnt a tough decision for me, when I thought about it in that light..LOL

6. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    great decision! a boat beats coughing, gagging, and stinky breath anyday!:big_smile:

7. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

congrats and wow 250 a month

8. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Matt,that is great news for sure.Don't know how long you had been smoking but what ever it was too long,{ right.} You did like I did sort of. only it was my health that told me to quit.That will be a year ago the 5th of Dec. Boy wish I lived closer so I could take a ride in that new boat when you finally get it. Just hang in there you can do it.

9. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    He made up his mind after smoking for several years that he didn't want to smoke anymore and just threw em away.He just plain quit ne meds no patches just a very strong willpower.That was 20 years ago,did the same thing with beer drinking just up and quit never drank another!:big_smile:

10. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Congrats Matt, I'm Proud of You Sir. reps. to You My Friend, Maybe some day I will be able to do the same. God Bless. J.D.

11. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Way to go Matt! You'll be glad you did that in many ways. So what kind of boat you buyin'? :lol:

12. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Matt that is so COOL! Way to go, buddy. It IS amazing how much money you can save by not smoking. Even here in NC where we have a relatively low cigarette tax they are still between $3-$4 a pack. Now... when you get that boat, you better post some pictures! :big_smile:

13. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Congrats on quitting.I'm taking the Chantix now and Wed. will be my last day of smoking.Good Luck on the new boat,I hope to save enough to get a cpl new rods and reels.

14. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Congratulations brother! I am very glad for you. I also hope that CatfishJohn can take some inspiration from your post. I know he recently decided to stop also.

15. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    That is wonderful bro, I wish I had the will power you did.
    I have been smoke free for 19 whole days now, and feeling better every day.
    A new boat is part of my inspiration also.
    Good luck and keep it up.

16. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Matt, that is GREAT news! One of the best decisions you can make. And cold turkey is the way to do it.

I did, 44 years ago.

17. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    WTG you guys are my heros!! I wish I could stop and stay stopped. but it seems like everything I do goes along with smoking. like I drive I smoke, I drink I smoke I will just have to eat when I want to smoke. ohh wait that makes me want a cig.Like I said your my heros. smokey

18. dogcat

dogcat New Member

State:
    Dayton Area Ohio

Agreed 100%. I have given up a few things as I have gotten older and cigarettes are still a vice. One of these days I will do the same and it's nice to hear success stories.

19. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Great news Congrats Guys:big_smile_2:

20. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    QUIT COLD TURKEY??? ARe you crazy I LOVE cold turkey,in fact I still have plenty in my fridge from Thanksgiving.Me and the cat love cold turkey sandwiches,or just dipping the white meat in a little Mayo.No way he will quit or me.OH quit smoking:eek:oooh: :big_smile: Well now that is another story.:smile2: Good for you,your family will have you around a lot longer now.:smile2: My dad was told by his doctor to quit after he developed a blood clot in his lower stomach.My dad was probably 50 or so at the time.He passed away quietly in his sleep this year at 89!!!!!!! He and I counted those additional 39 years as family bonus time and he did it cold turkey,came home from the doctors office,threw out all the cigarettes in the house and never picked up another one NOR did my mother who was an occasinal smoker and I'm happy to say she is still with us.IT CAN BE DONE.We are rooting for you.:smile2: :smile2: