Quiet Forum

Discussion in 'Metal Detecting' started by Blue Duck, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    Not much action on this forum. Must be someone out there who has a detector.....

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have a White Spectrum XLT.It does a great job but my health will not allow me to use it like I once did. There are others on here that use detectors and have some interesting post.

3. Salthart

Salthart New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I wish I could afford a detecter. I have a feeling that I could really enjoy looking. When I was able I loved running a dredge looking for gold or walking streams looking for stones and even working some in hard ground to dig stuff up.

4. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    I have a Bounty Hunter and I really enjoy getting out and using it. That said I don't get out and use it nearly enough. Seems hunting and fishing get in the way.

5. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    Good morning Blue duck, and the rest of you metal detecting buddies. It's been a while sense I have been on the forum. I have switched from fishing back to metal detecting for a while, Just got to dang cold to fish. I found at the age of 69, and after being away from detecting for a while, it's not something that you can just drop back in to. It takes a little time to get back in to shape, My first trip out I never lasted more then ten minutes and didn't know if I was going to make it back to my car and for the next two days I hurt in Places that I didn't know could hurt. But now I can go out and last 4 or 5 hours. my last trip out I found an 1898s Barber dine, and a watch fob from the green river whiskey co. In Kentucky. It's a very nice piece that was made in the 1890s. On the front it has an old mule with a gallon jug hanging on the side of the saddle and it says, green river Whiskey. It has an old Black man in a tall hat holding on to the rains of the Mule. and On top of the fob It says, She was bred, and on the bottom it says, in old Kentucky. And on the back and in a circle around the fob it says, used for the past 12 years by the US Marine Hospital service. and in the middle of the fob it says, Paris 1900, St Louis 1904, Liege 1905, Portland 19005, Milan, Italy 19006, JamesTown 1907. This is a great looking piece to all to my fob Collection. I guess what I would like to say, Is if I can get out and still find stuff, anyone can. Just don't let your self get out of shape like I did. OH, and I almost forgot to Tell all you guys Mary Christmas and I hope you all have a Happy new year.

6. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    thats something i haven't done for years now used a borrowed detector and it was alot of fun , still have the indian head pennies i found and also an old cross , just might be my next thing to buy ,a decent detector

7. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    Good morning Guys , I have been cleaning up some of my finds to put on e-bay and I took a couple of pictures, of the stuff that I have got cleaned, that fob I just found, the 1890s green river Whiskey fob from Kentucky, with the mule and the old black gentleman on it is in one of the pictures. I posted a little about it a couple of days ago but instead of putting it in to a new post I placed it in a quote. dummy Me, I am still learning this computer thing.

Attached Files:

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Phillip its good to hear your getting out more often. Congrats on the neat find. Wishing you a Happy New Years and more great trips with many finds.

9. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    Thanks Mick. and Happy new year to you to. The only thing holding me back right now, is no sunshine.

10. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    Great finds there Catfish...... Im fairly new at this and the only coin I have found is one thin dime. Lots of junk but I love it. We have snow on the ground now so Im not out detecting much right now. Glad to see some life on this forum. Its a lot of fun.

11. Phoneman53

Phoneman53 New Member

State:
    Olivet, Kansas,
  12. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    Good tip on the link..... Thanks Ill check it out.