Quiet around these parts

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by crazy, Nov 18, 2008.

1. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Everyone must be out deer hunting or something. Still got some bow hunting to do around here I guess. 6 deer for me for the year and 38 total shot off our farm for the year. Not a bad season over all. :wink: About ready to take the cover off the boat and do some fishing on truman.

2. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    The whole BOC seems to be pretty quiet these days. Not sure what's going on.

Suppose I'll have more time to waste here though as I'm getting laid off. Again. This time about 80% of the office is getting dropped in a couple of weeks but I'm scheduled to be here till the lights get turned off in June. And I'm pretty sure that's going to mean several months of total boredom...

Haven't been fishing since the ACATS championship, was hoping to go this weekend but a local catfish guide came whining to me yesterday about his boat getting worked on and him needing to borrow my boat for a trip this weekend. So I won't be out till after Thanksgiving...:roll_eyes:

3. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    That stinks marty

4. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    I cant beleive how slow it has been here at work ,we sell heating ,cooling ,and plumbing supplies ,i hope i still have a job next year.

5. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sorry to hear that about your job T. My wife has an office position at Dexter Axel and they are closing there Carrollton Plant. She will be loosing her job at the first of the year. I think the folks in rural areas suck as ours are just now seeing the effects of a bad economy. As far as fishing goes, I have not been. Today would have been a nice to go for sure! I have been close to the river, But only to kill Ducks. Blues are safe from me for a while. LOL
    Rob'

6. jms43

jms43 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sorry to hear that Marty. Hopefully the economy will recover before too long and we won't have to worry about this crap anymore.

7. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Again? You need to find a better company when you get a job. I dodged the layoffs here this time around. Guess I'll find out in 6months if I dodge that round as well.....

8. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    This is the 5th company in a row that I've killed. Guess I'm pretty bad at choosing my employer... :roll_eyes:

9. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo
    It's sad to hear about all the lay offs. Hopefully things get better. I'm new to the boc and have really enjoyed being here! Everytime I log on I just get more motivated to fish. I duck hunted yesterday on the Missouri and didn't have any luck. I just removed my rod holder off my boat and installed the duck blind.....wish I would of waited and went fishing yesterday.

10. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Either that or you are just bad luck for company's. Least you have tell summer.

11. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Sorry to here about the jobs crapping out. Mine is still busy at the moment. Sure hope it stays that way. But who knows what the future holds. I sure hope the best for you Marty and the others that are losing thier jobs.

Tom

12. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Marty that sucks:sad2:

The BOC does seem quite these days, I don't know what it is.

13. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Hunting season, too windy, too cold, couch potato, burn out, winter sucks, what ever.....

Is it spring yet.?.

14. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Springs almost here , just give it a few months LOL:eek:oooh:

15. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Marty sorry to hear about that. I know how it feels, I got cut from my job on the 22nd of Oct. Things are bad right now but I hope that the light that comes is got its high beams on and it comes fast.

16. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Bad deal, Marty. Although if I ever want a company to go under, I'll be sure to shoot you any job postings they have up:wink:

I get to stay home this week so I'll probably make it out on the water at some point. I am utterly incapable of catching a fish after September 15, but the boat's sat for a few weeks so I need to run it.

Sorry to hear about the job losses and plant closings, hopefully things will pick up.

17. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    If you want to try it next weekend ,i am game ,we can see if we can find them stacked up . let me know :wink:

18. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Theres that outside bend below lexington,and that deep hole above lexington ,we should beable to locate something .