Quick Reference Fishing Journal

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by whisker maniac, Feb 9, 2009.

1. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Just thought I would share how I set my journal up for those that have never kept one.. And for those of you that do you can let others know what else you would add to it.

I put all my vital info. on the first page and on the second I put the results of the day as you can see in the photo. This is in a small notebook that I can easily fit into my back pocket and carry with me if I'm going on a long trip or going for several days at a time.

I do each page the same so that it is a quick and easy reference guide as well as a record of each outing.

here it is...

Attached Files:

2. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    thanks for you showing your journal. i see you showed us one of your better day out fishing :smile2: i have one for flyfishing my friend gave me years ago and i get a new one ever year, the info you can gain just by reading what has happen in the past will help you out when things are a little slow

3. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Kevin, I just use the entries I put here in my catch of the day thread. At several days throughout the year I will go into the thread and copy and paste my posts with the dates over into microsoft word, I have a ongoing log there that I keep. At the end of every season after I get them all copied and pasted I will print off that seasons list of outings. that way I got a hard copy if my cpu ever crashes. Vern

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Thanks for sharing your log, this is something that I need to start doing.

5. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    That's a good Idea Vern.... I plan on puttin the journal in my pc too but I go on a few trips each year so I have to have a small notebook to put all the info in first or I will forget it all by the time I get home from a two or three day trip.

6. BAMAJUGGER

BAMAJUGGER New Member

State:
    mccalla,alabama
    i keep a log like that and also use google earth to keep up with where i am catching fish