Quick Question

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by fire02, Aug 5, 2008.

1. fire02

fire02 New Member

State:
    SC
    First id like to say that this site is full of great info, and im glad I found it.

My buddy is coming from California before he goes back to Iraq and all he wants to do is go catfishing, which is fine with me. I just recently bought a boat and was wondering what are some good spots and bait and tips to catching big cats on Lake Moultrie. Weve always fished from the shore at Shorts Stay and had excellnet luck but would like to get out and explore for bigger fish.

I dont want anyone to give away their secret spots, just if you could point me in the right direction. Probably put in at Short Stay or Bonneau Beach.

Like I said, all ive ever done is catfish, but from land. Now I have a boat and would like to get out to some of the better areas for catching the fish.

Thanks

2. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Austin you are fishing where the big fish rome over near short stay. Try drifting from short stay to the locks but watch your fish finder and see what depth the fish are at because they very well could be susspended this time of year. Move from deeper water to shallow humps out in front of Bonneau beach also. Most fish have been being caught on cut white perch. Good luck.

3. fire02

fire02 New Member

State:
    SC
    Thanks, where is the best place to get or catch white perch and other live bait.

4. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    You can catch bream and perch in the cove by short stay near the rocks in about 10-20ft of water fishing on the bottom with red worms. You can also catch them in pinnoplos cove right out in front of Atkins landing. There are some big herring that are at hte dam and can be caught in a cast net early in the morning or at night and also on a sabiki rig.