quick question

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by twilightman, Aug 19, 2005.

1. twilightman

twilightman New Member

im going to pickwick tonight an fishin on lake side of dam should i fish next to the deep water or closer to the rock bank also how far out from bank should i fish

2. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I would fish the edge of the deep hole where it comes up shallow. Near the rocks is good, but if you can find where the rocks end is a good place.

3. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I agree with Desperado, dont want the bait to slip down between the rocks where they can not get to it. Find that transition shelf from deep to shallow water. good luck.

4. Catfight

Catfight New Member

State:
    Summerfield N.C.
    Edge of the flat along a deepwater dropoff always works for me. Rock are definitely a plus though. I love a good Catfight.

5. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i ran into this problem at sangris dam the rocks are boulders you cast out and cant retreiv, your hung up every time, but i got a knew rod reel that will get me out farther might try it

6. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    A 3 way sacrifice rig is perfect for that situation. Just make the sacrifice line long enough to keep your bait up. Get it snagged and leave it there. When a fish grabs it you lose your weights and bring in your fish!