quick fix livewell for sat?

Discussion in 'Carolina Catfish Club' started by nevets91, Dec 6, 2009.

1. nevets91

nevets91 New Member

State:
    rock hill south carolina
    im trying to come up with a quick fix for saturday for a livewell. i just need something that will work well enough. i will be building something a little nicer after christmas hopefully. but can i see some pics of what you guys have so i can see if i can come up with a few ideas i have a big plastic tub that im thinking about but not sure yet. its 50+ gallons so i think it will hold two fish pretty good sized

2. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

If it's as cold as it was today, you shouldn't have much of a problem this weekend? Dump some water in there with 'em, change it out periodically.....

3. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    Cat is right as cool as it is if you change some water from time to time you should be good to go

4. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    I posted a reply on the SC section, but I think you will be alright if you use a tub like others have said. If you are lucky enough to get a few ones too big, stringer them and use the tub with water to bring them to weigh in

5. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Heat will not be an issue this weekend.:smile2: any container will do you this weekend-try to change out the water a couple times.

6. nevets91

nevets91 New Member

State:
    rock hill south carolina
    i spent a few minutes today throwin this together i think it will work well enough. its about 50 gallons and has about 30 gallons in the picture tell me what you think and any problems you may for see.

Attached Files:

7. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Good job, that should work great

8. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Like said above, Good Job. That will do fine for the cold months. Might look into something alittle more insulating for the summer.

Get you a cheap bildge pump (west marine has some for $20) some hose and use that to fill and empty the tank. Makes water changes , filling and emptying easier during the cold times where you dont want to get your hands wet....

9. Jeffrey Green

Jeffrey Green New Member

State:
    S.C.
    Looks Good.I will be using something similar.I put a plywood lid on my cause the one that came with it blew off going down I-85. When you put fish in it be careful,there side fins will cut through it.I had a 105 qt cooler get fin holes in it also. I have limited room in my boat up front so its hard to find a container that will work.I've been looking at the Contico black storage boxes that go in the back of trucks at Tractor Supply that are thicker and about the same size.

10. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Nice work!! That ought to work. The water is cool now so keeping fish alive is a lot easier.

I hope you catch one so big you have fold him in half to make him fit!!!

:smile2:

11. katmax

katmax New Member

State:
    griffin ga
    it will look great when you pit about 60 lbs. of cats in it....:wink: