Questons on the Brunswick River

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by catfishhunter2009, Jul 6, 2009.

1. catfishhunter2009

catfishhunter2009 New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Has anyone fished the Brunswick River near Leland ? I went out there on the fourth to watch fireworks and couldn't help but notice all the baitfish in the water , I mean everywhere . I say some nice drop offs and some good looking holes . Just never talked to anyone that has catfished there . It runs into the Cape Fear so I would imagine theres gotta be some big ol kitty's in there . Any help or knowledge would be greatly apreciated . thanx :smile2:

2. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    N ICK , i have not tryed it yet but it is someplace i want to try ,i know ,seems like it fall or winter ,you see the same boat fishing on the south side of the bridges on that point of eagle island ,heard they were catching red drum there :wink:

3. catfishhunter2009

State:
    North Caro
    Ya Dickie you always see those guys fishing in those locations , but from what I hear they are fishing for trout and drum . I have never had luck for either there . But I thought their might be a good chance for some kitty cats . Lots of food sand and mud banks deeper holes . I've never fished out of a boat there because the ramp is imposible to get in and out of on near low or low tide . But if someone on here could tell me it was worth while to catfish I would plan it out to hit the tides right and give it a try . I figured their might be a old local boy around that has tried it out with or without luck . Like I said my first time out there in the boat was the other night to watch the fireworks . I just couldn't help but notice all the bait and different structeres there , looks like a gold mine for some cats . :wink::big_smile:

4. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    I'm sure there are some that get in there in the winter but I don't know about during the warmer months. All it would really depend on is the salinity. That's about it. Only thing is you need something to measure the salinity with....maybe they'd let me borrow one of the $4000 YSI's we've got at work and we could go find out:smile2:

5. catfishhunter2009

State:
    North Caro
    I just got back from the bait shop , and was talking to Fat Boy about it . He told me that there was definetly cats in there . He also confirmed my suspisions on the bait that I was seeing everywhere , I thought it could be shad . But with the mass numbers I was seeing it has to be pogees . I would think that manhadden would make a great catfish bait because of the stinky a** oil . Wess if you or anybody else wants to give it a try let me know and we'll get r done . Just have to hit the tides right in my toon or use someone elses smaller boat . :tounge_out::wink::smile2:

6. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    NICK YOU GOT TO WATCH THAT FAT BOY :wink::smile2::smile2: NAH he is a good guy ,i try to support his store all i can ,even go in there to just BS an if not careful get put to WORK :smile2:

7. catfishhunter2009

State:
    North Caro
    Ya Dickie , Fat Boy seems to be a strieght shooter . He's always been real good to me . I'm trying to get him signed up on here . He says he keeps haveing problems but , I'll get it done next time I go in there . :big_smile:

8. Mako

Mako New Member

State:
    HOPE MILLS, NC
    I wanna go....how long of a trip is it for me Nick? Is it right by your house?

9. catfishhunter2009

State:
    North Caro
    Ya ,Dan it's about 5 min from my house and about 4min from where I store my boat . You know your invited to go . I need to get up with one of these ol pros on here and make sure that the salt content isn't to high like Wess said . If it is right know than we'll have to wait till winter . :big_smile: