questions on snagging spoonbill at kentucky lake

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by biga, Sep 28, 2008.

1. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    do any of you guys snag down there? what is the season and were can i find some regs on it? i havent been able to find much info on it and i would like to get a few fish for the freezer!! they are my second favorite next to flathead!:wink:

2. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    don't know about regs I have caught them at barkley dam on accident .They are good to eat ? I am not into the eggs was wondering about the fish itself .

3. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    very good eating!! fry it like normal of brush a little butter on it and bake it in the oven!! it is great either way!! i used to get it from a friend but he doesnt catch them anymore so i need to get my own!!

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    A few years back, before 911, we use to snag below Ky Dam. Since this time I don't know. I believe there was a 15 fish limit at that time. I have no up to date reg. info. I snagged a 72# and there were two others larger caught the same day. When the spoonbill are coming up stream they can be caught in large numbers. There is normally a large crowd of snaggers.

5. Big-Blue

Big-Blue New Member

State:
    Louisville,KY
    Snagging season is Feb. 1 - May 10

2 Paddle fish daily limit State wide

Up to 8 Paddle fish daily in the Kentucky Lake tailwaters maybe taken

6. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    That is for state wide but I know for kentucky lake you can snag for spoons year round but I think it is mabey hit one every hour or two and their around 6 to 8 lbs. I myself have never been down there I get mine from the ohio. the guy a few houses down from me goes down to KY lake a few times a year for them. i also found this on ky fw web site

The area from Kentucky Dam to the new U.S. 62 bridge will be open to snagging 24 hours per day from January 1 through May 31. From June 1 through December 31, the area is open to snagging from sunset to sunrise. The area of the Tennessee River from the new U.S. 62 bridge to the I-24 bridge is closed to snagging year round. The area from the I-24 bridge to the confluence with the Ohio River is open to snagging year round. There is now a daily creel limit of 8 fish in aggregate and shall not exceed the daily creel limit for any sport fish in which the creel limit is under 8 fish per day. Snagging must cease if any sport fish daily creel limit is attained. All fish snagged, except shad or herring, must be kept and counted toward the daily creel limit.

7. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,