Questions for TN from out a state

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by twaskom, Nov 20, 2018.

1. twaskom

twaskom Moderator Staff Member

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    Tom
    Hey I am heading down over Thanksgiving and had a couple of questions on TN regs. I get a non-resident lic each year so I can fish a day or two with my son.

My questions are how many rods can an individual use at one time? And if I decide to do a little carp fishing is chumming with boiled field Corn allowed? Probably be fishing along the Clinch River somewhere since I don't know much about the Knoxville area.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

2. Fire&Cats101

Fire&Cats101 Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Name:
    Jonathan

3. twaskom

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    Tom
    Thanks Jonathan. Just got done driving all day and getting everything unloaded. I’ll go through the reg and see what I can find out.

Have a good Thanksgiving.

Fire&Cats101 likes this.
  4. twaskom

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    Tom
    Found what I needed Jonathan. Per the online reg there is no limit on rods. Couldn’t find anything on chumming in the reg but I did find the answer on an earlier post here from 2010.

So I am good to go.

Tight lines

Fire&Cats101 likes this.
  5. Fire&Cats101

Fire&Cats101 Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Name:
    Jonathan
    Hope you have a great Thanksgiving with the family and get in some excellent fishing. We look forward to seeing some Tennessee monsters to your credit.

6. twaskom

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    Tom
    I’ll be happy with a Tennessee tadpole. Only get a few hours for fishing so we will just have to wait and see how it turns out. I’ll be fishing with my little boy,,,,,,,,of course he is 37 now.

eastforker likes this.
  7. twaskom

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    Tom
    Got three or four fists full of field corn tossed out today. Was going to toss out some more this evening in preparation for fishing tomorrow but a well cooked turkey got in my way. Then came a short stretch on the couch. Think I will toss some more in the morning.then throw some lines out just before noon.

8. MattTheFlatCatKid

MattTheFlatCatKid Well-Known Member

State:
    Ohio
    Name:
    Matthew Moore
    Good luck Tom. Time with loved ones and fishing is what its all about. Happy thanksgiving.

twaskom likes this.
  9. Brackish*Water

Brackish*Water Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    Name:
    Wesley
  10. twaskom

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    Tom
    4 rods out 4 hours and not a nibble. Oh well.

11. Trophy Flathead Hunter

Trophy Flathead Hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    Jon
    Better luck next time Tom. Did you go to the river you had mentioned in the original post?

12. twaskom

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    Tom
    Hi Jon. I had fished the Clinch River where it entered the Tennessee River before but this time i was farther upriver. I would guess 20miles as the crow flies. Where highway 62 crosses. Several hundred yards upriver is an inlet on the north side that has a fishing dock that extends out about 100 feet. I had put out plenty of corn. If the carp were anywhere around, they should have been there. When we got there about noon, there were six or seven kids fishing and running up and down the dock so my guess is the carp headed toward Alabama.