Questions about North American Fishing Club - Help Please

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by litltman, Jan 22, 2008.

1. litltman

litltman New Member

State:
    ------
    I got the mail today. and in it was a envelope from north American fishing club. they say for only $1 a month. I can join the club. that is the cost of the dues. and if I join, they send me free fishing products to try and then I let them know how I like them. and how I rate them. and would I suggest them to anyone else . they could send anything from a pack of hooks to a trolling motor to try out. and if I do or do not like the product. it is still mine to keep. have any of you tried this before. know anyone who has. need some help here . thanks. have a blessed day

2. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    I was a member for four years and all I ever got from those people was a sticker every year and it was sent in the same envelope that the dues due bill was in.

3. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Ive gotten them before also but never joined. My Bro in law joined once and never got sent anything so he never did it again. There are some members here that like it.

4. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    I use to pay my dues every year and never got anything much from them to test. I think I got some type of plastic grubs or worms once. My dad got several things over the years but nothing worth much. A few bass lures / bait's was about it. The last time I paid the dues I was suppose to receive the magazine again and never got the first copy.:angry: Don't waste your time, send you money into the BOC and you will get much more in return.

Thanks
    David

5. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    They are the same folks that run North American Hunting Club. I tried that last year with an offer for a free copy of the magazine. Within a week of sending in the card I got the first bill. I got a bill every two weeks for 4 months and still had not received my free magazine. After calling them a few times, I finally got the free magazine. A couple days later I got the first magazine of the subscription. It was the same magazine. Now I had two copies of the same on. I called them and canceled the order. I still got 3 more bills. I wrote cancel on them and sent them back. I went to their web site a few days ago for a friend who is thinking about joining. There are forums full of people on their own site complaining about the same things. They are a rip off if you ask me. Like someone here said, give $12 to the BOC. You'll have more fun and anything you want to know can be found here.

6. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    I triied it once and got the same as the above so I have to say ditto the their advice the last offer I got a few months ago made a good fire starter for my grill LOL stay with the BOC and be happy

7. catdaddy007

catdaddy007 Member

State:
    SE Arkansas
    I've joined a couple of times over the years.The magazines were ok,but didn't have much at all about catfishing.They never did send me anything to try out.The club wasn't all that bad but it doesn't compare to this club.Stick with the BOC.

8. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I paid for a year, got some hooks, swivels, jigs, etc. They sent me a bass fishing book that I didn't want or request, and then started sending bills for it - like to have never got that sorted out. When I didn't renew, they called my house several times, sent bills, more free merchandise, then gave me a complimentary membership for 6 more months, despite me telling the guy on the phone that I wasn't interested :angry:. I pretty much just started tossing their stuff in the trash unopened. It finally quit showing up after I moved and my mail forwarding expired, lol.

9. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Myself I have been a member since 05 then became a life member in Dec05.Before I heard of the BOc. Since I found this family I've maybe been back on thier site 2-3 times. One of the questions they ask is what is your main type of fishing. At the time I put Catfish so what do I get books on Bass mostly. Cost me 261.00 for life membership.Sorry guys but didn't find this site till March 06.
    In other words your better off sending your money to the BOC you get more out of it. A lot More. JMHO
    Can't really knock them I'm just not a Bass,Muskie,or Salmon fisherman.

10. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I've been a lifetime member since 03' and field tested a few products ,but i mostly got bug wipes,blood stopper an little things of lesser price to test. they do send ya a bunch of nice stuff for being a lm tho ,tackle bags,beltbuckle,diawa rod an reel with your name on it

11. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Have you ever used your rod & reel? I have never used mine since I got it. Kind of a keep sake I suppose.

12. slowboat

slowboat New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I joined and got two packs and two books that I didn't want and had to pay to return. Get all kind of mail trying to get me to sign up for life membership. Not interested going to buy a BOC hat instead:big_smile:hal

13. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma

Yes I have ,John and I love it . I use it for bass and crappie all the time.

14. olddriller

olddriller New Member

State:
    Missouri
    They sent me a letter trying to get me to join, said I would be getting products to test for them. I threw it in the trash . I have been getting In-Fisherman mag. for a couple of years. They sent me a ( free ) movie to view, later sent me a bill for it . Pi$$ed me off, I wrote them a letter to let them know what I though of their marketing the movies. I have never gotten any more movies, and I am not going to buy the mag. anymore.

15. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    I was so impressed with them that I joined for two years up front and within months I knew that they knew nothing about catfishing and I spent the next year trying to get my second years dues back. Never happened! They even tried to apply my second year paid in full dues to a life membership. Those are hard people to communicate with! Give the BOC your money, you will get one hundred times more out of it. Just my opinion and I am sticking with it!

16. catfishtonyd

catfishtonyd New Member

State:
    georgia
    I joined for a year. The first thing they did was send me a book to buy, that I didn't want, and they told me to get on their free test equipment list I had to join their book club. No thanks to them at all. I'll stick with the BOC.