Questions about fishing at Firebaugh / Mendota canals

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by ConeKiller, Mar 30, 2009.

1. ConeKiller

ConeKiller New Member

State:
    CA
    Hi all - I'm new to this site so hopefully, these questions haven't been anwsered before, but here goes:

1) What is the bag limit for catfish over at the Firebaugh canals? (if there is any)

2) Another friend of mine, had mentioned using corn was illegal (to catch carp). I know chumming is illegal - is it illegal to use corn at the canals?

3) Is it ok to use a 2 rod (with the 2 rod stamp) over at the canals?

Sorry if these are newbie questions. Thanks in advance.

2. kattysharks

kattysharks New Member

State:
    California
    not sure on the bad limit......But using corn is not illegal as far as I know....And yes you can have 2 poles.....Where you fishing I work here at the airport should fish sometime.....

3. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California

Welcome to the BOC .... We have a good following of folks in your area, and they may be able to help with limits.... corn is great for carp... and anywhere on lakes and streams you can use two poles if you've got the stamp.....

Bayrunner Ray

4. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    There is no limit on catfish, you can use corn as long as it is on your hook, and yes you can use two poles with stamp.
    Welcome to BOC. I am here in Fresno and fish Mendota area a lot. We will be having the annual Mendota Gathering April 17th-20th if you would like to come out and check it out. Will be fun with lots of good people.

5. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Welcome to the BOC Brian ..Where about in central cali you from?

6. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Welcome to the BOC. I fish Mendota alot. As sean said, you invited to our gathering in April. Hope you can make it:wink:

7. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :0a25: to the B.O.C. & to the California Boys :0a23:Brain.

Sean "CatMan (Cail)" answer all of your questions in post #4, But I just wanted to welcome you to the club.
    Will you be able to come to the Fishing Gathering, Held on the 17th, 18th & 19th of April at the Mendota slough, Held by Robb "daystarchis"? I'm sure that you are welcome to come & it is always cool to meet new members & what better place to do that, then at a fishing Gathering?
    :wink:
    :0a23: