Questionaire

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by FROG, Jul 5, 2006.

1. FROG

FROG New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    Do yall think it is wrong for a person to love to fish but does not eat fish at all?

2. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Not if they catch and release. Maybe this should be moved...

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Nope sounds alright as long as you are CPRing the fish you catch. I Don't keep most of the fish I catch I usallay CPR them. I do eat fish and keep my share I just prefer fresh fish to frozen unless I am having a big fry and then I'll freeze what I need early

4. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Hey it don't get any better than going fishing, whether you eat them or not, FISHING is great.

5. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Don't know about you, but I fish for sport, not for meat. I love to eat fish though, it's probably my favorite food of all. But I don't fish just to get some to eat.

6. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    I have a friend that loves to go fishing but he don't like to eat the fish and this is ok in my book as long as the fish are being turned back to the water to catch another day.
    I do more catch and release more than eating the fish myself but sometimes can't resist the taste of some good catfish.

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Nope, nothing wrong with that at all. It takes all kinds to make the world go around brother.

8. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Heck no, there ain't nothing wrong with that!

I fish for fun 99% of the time. Having to clean fish takes all the fun out of it and makes it work.

Like we say when we deer hunt and kill one, "now the work starts."

Releasing fish is one of the things I like about fishing over hunting. If you have a successful hunt and kill a deer you end up having another 1 1/2 hours of work field dressing, skinning, boning, and packaging the meat.

9. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I think it is ok, but many catfish die after the release. My wife and I know many families that can use the food, so despite it being a little trouble, we clean the ones that we don't think will make it (like the gut hooked ones) and deliver up fresh catfish to those in need.

10. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Ain't nothin wrong with giving them to needy folks, that's for sure!!!
    I CPR almost every thing I catch, even the ones under 10#, LOL!!!

11. Sentry Dog Man

Sentry Dog Man New Member

State:
    TN
    Not at all. If, you respect the fish and its life and treat it accordingly.

12. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    you are exactly right!

13. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I cpr the ones i catch. Wife wants me to keep em but they somehow slip back into the water. lol

14. WV Hillbilly

WV Hillbilly New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I love to groundhog hunt and crow hunt, I don't ever plan on eating either. Same thing right. As long as you're having fun and releasing them, enjoy your sport with a clean conscious.

15. Snappy

Snappy New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Nothing wrong with that. Just turn em back and let em live.

16. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    I very rarely will keep a fish to eat. I normally just catch and maybe take a photo then, release it. I just love to fish Like you!~ :lol:

17. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Kyle , eating, fishing and catching are three different things. I cannot eat catfish due to allergies but love to catfish. I also like to catch them. I CPR when the fish wil survive if not i give them to someone that will enjoy them.

18. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    i think its ok,i release about 95% of my fish. who you been talkin to anyhow? lol

good example! lol tea has a similar problem. he fishes but dont catch the fish.

19. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I would not have the fish that I love to eat,were it not for the good people that catch them and bring them by.Let me assure you that those fish are highly prized and treasured.The same goes for game.My doctors don;t want me catching or cleaning fish.They claim a finning could be fatal,as I no longer heal worth a hoot.Believe me.It may take me a while,but I will clean every fish that I can get,and I will fish if I can.There are many catch and release areas now.I think it is a great way to have a decent fish population for recreation in heavily fished areas.It is a whole lot better than no fish.There have to be many more people out there like me who would treasure a mess of fish if you had them to spare.peewee-williams

20. Gabowman

Gabowman Member

State:
    Georgia
    Not at all. I carp and gar fish some too. I dont eat either but the fish is released back into the lakes for another whirl in a year or two. Fishing is all about the sport. I'll bet most people, me included, can go out and buy fish by the pound cheaper than they can go catch 'em.