Question

Discussion in 'Handgun Talk' started by Naack, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Naack

Naack New Member

State:
    Irwin PA
    Ok at first i was looking at the taurus 24/7 pro compact , well they dont make them yet , then i was looking at a Glock 36 witch is a compact also.. price is not to much of an issue i am looking to stay under 600.. the only thing im not sure on the Glock is its 6+1 and the Safty features of it, where the Taurus that they dont make yet has an external safty easy to use and is a 12+1 , both .45 , so my question with the Glock and its safty's and it only holding 6+1 would this be a good CC peice? i do have a Shotgun for home but the Safty's on the Glock and the fact that it only holds 6+1 .. well im just not sure.

2. Guns & Cockpits

Guns & Cockpits New Member

State:
    California
    Naack, there is no right answer to your question. I'm not a fan of a carrying capacity of less than 10, and 10 is impossible for a .45 in a single stack mag, If I could get away with it, I would carry more. Unfortunately here in CA, 10 is the max. Some guys love the ultra compact size, and just carry extra mags. It's a personal preference all the way.

Those sub-compact Glocks are real nice, but the difference between them and the regular compacts isn't that much as far as size is concerned. And when you can fit an extra 4 rounds of .45acp in the G30, I think it's worth taking a look at.

3. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    a lot of folks train for single threat, but you have to remember the C.R.I.P. motto: Cowards Run In Packs. you might not be dealing with just one idiot. if you do end up with a piece that you feel is functional enough to trust your life to, carry extra mags that are easily accessible, and in addition to practicing shooting quickly, practice reloading magazines into the well qucly. also, it's a good idea to carry extra ammo out of the mag, in case you need to reload more mags. anyone can empty a mag from a semi auto fairly quick, but how fast can you reload, rechamber? i see a lot of people 'practicing' shooting from the standing positon with both hands on the pistol. can you shoot accurately while on the cell phone with the police and around cover? are you proficient with your weak hand? can you duck and dodge and hit your target? these abilities are just as important as to what model and caliber you choose.

4. Naack

Naack New Member

State:
    Irwin PA
    Thanks for the info ... i just went down to the gun smith and took a close look at both the G30 and the G36 .. i have to say the extra 4 rounds would def come in handy But unfourtanly im not a big guy 5'9'' 150lb and i found the G36 a much better fit to my hands , so looks like im going to stick with the 36.. to bad my hands wernt bigger or i sure would be getting the 30, thanks for all the help guys ! :smile2: