Question

Discussion in 'Boating' started by Catfish_Calvin, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Catfish_Calvin

Catfish_Calvin New Member

State:
    Nauvoo, Il
    I have a 60 Mariner 2-stroke with the electronic oil injection. I am going to get rid of the oil injection and just mix my own gas. What is the Fuel to Oil Ratio on this motor? I cant find my owners manual.

Also, when i turn the key it takes a while to start but thats normal im sure. But i go to take off and it sputters and sometimes dies. Likes its not keeping its prime. But the bulb is still hard so i dont think thats it. To get it going i have to rev it up and then put it in gear and go. Once it starts going it runs great.After i run it for a while down the river and then put it in neutral it idles just fine. When i try to run at a real slow speed it dies also. What do you guys think it is? Just need to adjust the carb maybe? If you guys know anyone i could talk to about it, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

2. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Do a post over in Bubba's Outboards, I'm sure he can help.

3. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    that problem sounds just like every other "cold natured" mercury.
    My 70hp Merc does the same thing, u have to let it idle till its warm, then it goes great when u take off

4. whodaman

whodaman New Member

State:
    Des Moines Iowa
    we to have that problem with our mercury 80 hp doesnt wanna do anything till its good and warm

5. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I had the same problem with an old evinrude. I changed the spark plugs and all was good.

6. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    i have changed ALL the ignition system in my Merc. and it did not help it!