Question

Discussion in 'GEORGIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by dallas, Sep 19, 2007.

1. dallas

dallas New Member

State:
    Jackson,Georgia
    When you Hook a fish and then release him/her back into the water, how long before that fish will take another hook?
    Took my granddaughter fishing last weekend and and the fish were hitting so hard and fast I could only fish one pole at a time! But think I captured a record WHITE Catfish, but tossed him back as usual then check the record book only to find out mine may have been over that (10 lb is record, the one I wrangled in had to go at least 12)
    The bluegills were so large that they were swallowing the circle hooks I used for catfish, when I get home tonight will post up the photos here.

2. baitshop 2

baitshop 2 New Member

State:
    georgia
    i have caught a catfish that i have just broke off a little bit before .......
    when they eat they eat.....:big_smile:

3. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I think it could depend on if the fish swallowed the hook or was just hooked in the mouth. One time while checking some limb lines years ago, we checked a line that was broken, then on the very next line a good fish was on with the hook from the other line still in its mouth. So I guess that fish broke one line then went to the very next one and got hooked.

4. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    most of them will bite again in a few minutes. I have caught pike that way many times.

5. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    I can say for flatheads that are hungry, not very long. Man, last week at Santee, my wif ehad a cat on that broke the line that must have been frayed. I was pissed because it broke at the top eyelet. I hated that the fish was swimming around with 30' calcutta. Dang if that fish didn't nail another bait 15 minutes later. We got all our hooks and weights back and the fish survived to fight another day... crazy!