Question ?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by just cats, Oct 1, 2006.

1. just cats

just cats New Member

State:
    Leslie Missouri
    What's black and white and lasts fourteen hours?

Answer: The skunk that was on my boat all day...:crazy:

I tried everything, tried finding fish to set up on with my fish finder and did find two that looked promising but I couldn't get em to bite . Then I tried drifting down the channel for seven miles and never got a bite. Finally about sunset I set up for some night fishing on one of my favorite wing dikes and didn't get anything there except a half dozen little pecking bites. Only thing I figured out today was that for night fishing it's time to replace the cold Pepsi with hot coffee, starting to get pretty chilly out there after the sun goes down now. I did get me a pretty good supply of shad for the freezer today though so at least I accomplished something. Tomorrow I need to make sinkers after that drift I made today. I got a lot to learn about that I believe. Spent more time re-tieing than fishing. Staying too close to the sides of the kicker dikes is what cost me the most trouble but that's where I found the two fish I set up on so.......

2. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Well It Can Only Get Better Before It Gets Colder Brother, Wish You Luck

3. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Keep at it Jack. You'll be whacking those fish in no time. Trial and Error are the best teachers.

4. just cats

just cats New Member

State:
    Leslie Missouri
    I think I have the Error part down pretty good!! :lol:
    Thanks guys, I'm learnin everyday.

5. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Hi Jack the Flats are starting to turn on up this way. West central Iowa but then its been a little colder lately and the big boys are out of the tributaries and back in the missouri River starting to bluk up for winter. Hang in there it will start to get better real soon down your way. Your Friend J.D.

6. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Flats are starting to bite on the Mississippi River around here too. Blues seem to have lock jaw still though. :sad2:

7. stressedcat

stressedcat New Member

State:
    kansas
    Jack:

If nibbles and bites with nothing to show for it were gold I'd be rich, but it's what keeps me fishin. Our day is coming.

Keep it up

Kirk

8. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    went out on boat this last sunday with a buddy of mine,on the mississippi.bites were few and far between.it can only get better.

9. just cats

just cats New Member

State:
    Leslie Missouri
    A little flathead , 3 or 4 pounds stumbled on to my bait just after dark last night and at least he got the skunk off my boat. Trouble is he had me thinking I was gonna hurt them flattys last night so I sat up most of the night without another decent hit. Wheres my sign?

10. MoMudCat

MoMudCat New Member

State:
    Troy,MO
    At least you're getting to go!!! I haven't been out fishin in at least 3 weeks. It is driving me crazy!!:sad2:

11. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    The skunk is gone Jack! Your ready to whack em now. Good Luck.:cool2:

12. just cats

just cats New Member

State:
    Leslie Missouri
    Thanks Cuz, gonna give em another go this weekend.

13. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    It's gotta get better Jack... I've been catching 2 to 5 lbers, blues and flats the last 2 weekends.. I've tried anywhere and everywhere.. The big boys just up and dissapeered ( spelling optional ).. Water temp on the Mississippi above alton was mid 60's last weekend.. I gave up nite fishin, cause I can't build a fire on the boat to keep warm.. My old bones don't like cold weather.. They gotta start biting soon or I'm gonna start moving up river and see if I can find where they are hiding... Good luck this weekend..

14. just cats

just cats New Member

State:
    Leslie Missouri
    Lot's of guys are starting to catch some nice flatties up and down the river so it's gotta be gettin to be our turn don't ya think? Know what you mean about the cold weather. Don't mind it so bad if the fishin's decent but it's not much fun freezing for gar and dinks. Good fishin.