question

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by indiana_fishin, Sep 20, 2005.

1. indiana_fishin

indiana_fishin New Member

State:
    Indiana Baby
    i went fishin the other day in some pretty heavy rain,well it was night actually,and thunder and lightning.Ok,im crazy but ive been desperate 4 some cats lately,ive been gettin skunked almost every time i go and if i do catch sumthing its 1 cat maybe 3 lbs max.Neways thats a different story,I was watching the rain hit the lake and theres spots here and there that are darker.Like there maybe be a spot somewhere thats darker in color then the rest of the lake thats shaped like a small island or sumthin.Is this a way 2 read the structure of the lake,like thats a shallow spot?or somethin totally different.May seem like a dumb question but id thought id ask cuz i dont know wut it is

2. MUDHOLE KID

MUDHOLE KID New Member

State:
    Anderson,S.C.
    I know what you're talking about and it has nothing to do with water depth.I don't really know the causes,but i'm sure it's not depth.

3. elshale

elshale New Member

State:
    Snellville, Georgia
    That is funny I was always wondering myself what caused the weird pattern. Happy fishin. Remember if you are going to throw it away in the frig cats will probably eat it so free bate.

4. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    My guess would be something to do with aquatic life. Algae, plankton or something like that.

5. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    dont know either but sometimes on smooth lakes you can see baitfish under the surface by little ripples they make lloks like fine rain hitting the water in spots up to as big as 10 x 10 ft areas

6. zebcohobo202

zebcohobo202 New Member

Yeah I agree with Flathead it could be a school of baitfish. But if you fish that spot often and see the same "shadow" every time, then it might be a grass bed. Swim out there and see what it is.