Question

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Andy52, Sep 6, 2009.

1. Andy52

Andy52 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    Can anybody tell me which States this is legal in. Ain't no CPR with this catfishing. Check it out.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gmaOG_5OX4

Or go to youtube and search.
    A Bowfishing Adventure, True life Outdoors, Big Catfish

2. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I dont even want to start.:angry::angry::angry:

3. Andy52

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    Just curious Mr. Bob, Were that is legal. I know it's not here in Mo. It's not a judgement call on my part.

4. countryboy79

countryboy79 New Member

State:
    nc
    I've seen people bow fish for carp, but you know if they see a big cat they are probaly gonna shot it.

5. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I dont know if it is legal anywhere. I just dontl ike the idea at all. Dont mean to sound like an a$$ just some things are wrong to me and that is one of them.

6. Andy52

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    Don't think they would air such a thing if it weren't legal, were ever that is? Looks to be a professional filming

7. Andy52

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    That was the question Bob, just were is that legal.

8. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    South Carolina, flatheads are not native fish and treated as such. Unfortunately.

9. Andy52

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    I think I saw a Blue or Channel in one of the shots.

10. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Those are asian carps, and I'd say it was up on the Ill. river. The DNR doesn't seem to care what is done, just so they are killed out. Google asian carp, and check it out. Later Andy

11. Andy52

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    I'm aware that the first part of the video is Asian carp...did you watch the last part?

12. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    With the exception of what did appear to be a blue or channel, they are following the regs of the state. Doesn't mean I agree with the shooting of cats, but what the SCDNR says goes, I reckon. They just don't care for the flatties, management-wise. Maybe if they listed them as game fish people would be more likely to pursue them by more "accepted" means. Listing them as non-game fish kind of helps to give them a bad rep, imo. Kinda like the buffalo fish here in MO. It's a common fish, easy to catch, cleans up very nicely and tastes great, yet it is generally regarded as a "trash fish". Except for those in-the-know, most everyone throws them back or on bank.

13. Andy52

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    Again this wasn't a judgement call on my part. I was just curious were that was legal. At least I'm glad you watch the video in it's entirety and saw what appeared to be a blue or channel......:big_smile::wink:

14. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    Oh no, believe me, I was astounded to see the second half, and I don't reckon I'll watch it again.

15. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    I've seen them shoot catfish with bows on TV several times before. It was always done in the southern states. It's a wonder they have any game down there with all the stuff they allow you to do.

16. Andy52

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    Don't if they still do, but at one time you could run deer with dogs and shoot them with buckshot in Arkansas.

17. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    I saw a show on bowfishing Asians.They have a guide service in Peoria,Ill.They don't have one for cats

18. catfishchris

catfishchris Active Member

State:
    missouri
    That's probably a legal method in most states that don't have catfish listed as game fish. You can usually take any non-game fish with a bow.

19. snakeman76

snakeman76 New Member

State:
    Tallahassee, Fl
    I live in the south all my life and never seen or heard of such and dont think I like it so much.....:angry::angry::angry:

20. 1 catbuster

1 catbuster New Member

State:
    Union Mo
    That is F###ed up!!!:angry::angry::angry: but Andy i have the answer for you Arkansas don't know what river that is but seen it done down at Norfolk what a waist!!!