Question

Discussion in 'NEBRASKA RIVERS TALK' started by bigjmm, Aug 1, 2009.

1. bigjmm

bigjmm New Member

State:
    Norfolk Ne
    went fishing today up at yankton on big MO and i wasnt getting nothing a couple nibbles but i think they were gar. The paddlefish were jumping out of the water all day does that effect the catfishing by any means.

2. catfishJordan

catfishJordan New Member

State:
    nebraska
    what was your bait choice?

3. bigjmm

bigjmm New Member

State:
    Norfolk Ne
    We tried sonnys blood mix. live chub and cut chub and minnows

4. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    well nothing is bitting right now....I know that for sure..

5. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    Nothings biting your bait of choice right now thats for sure :smile2:

went to bluestem for a bit tonight.. got a few eaters 1-3 lbs bout it.

as for paddle fish jumpin scareing the cats... wouldnt worry them a bit.. infact ive seen stuff on tv about guys goin in the middle of the BIG DEEP lakes and "clogging" the water.. kinda like splashing it with a spoon.. and the big cats came up from the bottom to investigate and while they were up there took the guys bait got it all on top water and under water cam was a cool show..

6. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Naw.. them ol spoons aint gonna scare ol mr whiskers, cats are tough and powerful it's nothin to them. Matter a fact itd probably make em come in to the spoonbills to look for bait. :cool2: Its more than likely gonna be bait choice as previous posts ive said.. What breed of cat was ya after?

7. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    well I'm getting the "eaters" all the time...they just ain't eaters to me...I don't really count a fish unless it's over 4 or 5 pounds...I should be more specific...Nothing BIG is bitting...nothing of spawing age is bitting...for me right now....and from what I hear it's the whole state...the bragging board speaks for it's self...hell I even had worms and bait shrimp out last time...but unless it takes up half of my knife blade it's not getting cut...

8. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    The spoonbill will not bother your catfishing. I have caught lots of catfish and accidentally snagged spoonbill at the same time.

9. bigjmm

bigjmm New Member

State:
    Norfolk Ne
    we were after channels or flattys