Question...

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by fishinfreak19D, May 19, 2009.

1. fishinfreak19D

fishinfreak19D New Member

State:
    Pittston, PA
    Hi everyone...this is jeffs wife. as you all know he is currently in California at NTC. Well when he comes home from things like this i always like to have a decent presant for him. As i know he told you guys about his "new" 10 foot fishing rod. He choose this one over the 12 footer. Do you all think getting the 12 footer for him would make his day?? Or did he say anything about wanting the 12 footer rather then the 10? Any help from you guys would be great. I know he sits on here for hours everynight talking and writing on here and i have NO idea about what...haha..well fishing of course...i dont know much about fishing equipment. i just know how to rig my pole and cast out and of course the best part catching the fish, so any help would be GRAND!!!! Thanks guys!

Cheyenne

2. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Cheyenne, Im not sure I remember what kind of fishing pole he got, could you look at the side and tell me what it says? That will help us a little bit.

3. fishinfreak19D

State:
    Pittston, PA
    Sorry..i guess that would help wouldnt it...:embarassed: But it is an Okuma Tundra...i know that he LOVES the 10 footer he has now, and wont go anywhere without it.:roll_eyes:

4. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    does he have a reel on it? or does he have a couple of reels laying around that he had planned to put on the rod?

5. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    If he fishes from the bank a lot he will love the 12fter even more.

6. fishinfreak19D

State:
    Pittston, PA
    ok he has a good reel on it, plus his dad just brought down 2 of his reels he had on some poles that he used for saltwater fishing and are REALLY nice He does fish from the bank a lot right now, but he might be getting a boat here shortly so i dont know if i should invest in the 12 foot pole if hes going to be going on the boat, but the boat isnt a for sure deal yet.

7. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    ok , yeah, if he has a couple of other reels, than the 12' would be a great gift. I was just asking , cause I didnt know if he had a reel for the 10' rod. Anytime a guy gets a new rod, he likes a new reel to go with it. Id say a new 12' rod would be good. Now, which one. I have 12' rods that I really love, and I know he would like. Let me know your price range, and Ill see if I cant find a good 12' rod.

8. fishinfreak19D

State:
    Pittston, PA
    ummm nothing to expensive... i mean army pay isnt THAT good.hahaha:big_smile:..but somewhere around 50 maby. i dont want to be to cheap and have it break on him the first time he lands a monster. (that would be my luck with buying them myself:embarassed:) The place where he bought hsi 10' has the exact same 12' for only $35. Also he already has his next reel picked out and im going to try to pull some stings and get it for him for fathers day, so then he can have anew reel for his new pole and i can use the ones he used for saltwater fishing rather then the ones that came on the pole.

9. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Sounds like to me that you already have everything under control Cheyenne.

10. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Ok, that sounds good. I was going to recommend the one I have. Its an Ugly Stik Big Water 12' , it goes for $69.00. Its about the baddest 12' spinning rod out there, but I hear the Okuma Tundra is a great rod. Im sure he'll be very surprised to get that. I met Jeff at the Milford Gathering, hes a real nice guy and I look forward to fishing with him in the future. You take care and tell Jeff, Ill see him when he gets back.

11. goingfishin

goingfishin New Member

State:
    Topeka, Ka
    Hey girl, I agree with Keith on the 12' uglysticks. BUT if he is getting a boat shortly he is going to need a whole new arsonal. He can use the 12'ers on a boat but they really get in the way when your not fishing. Give me a call if you are wanting to talk about 7-8' rods for the boat.

12. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    I agree with CJ about the 12ft pole and the boat. And I agree on what he is going to tell you about the poles. :wink: I love all of mine. :big_smile:

13. fishinfreak19D

State:
    Pittston, PA
    CJ, i was hoping you would catch this one...see i dont know if he will be getting the boat or not. When he took it out, the motor has to be jumped, and then they got it working for awhile, but when they were in the water, it died on them again and couldnt get it started. im my opinion, i dont think i would buy it, but i dont know anything about that stuff. and he will be doing a lot more bank fishing then boat fishing till Wyatt gets bigger cause we all go together. i dont know...you know jeff personally and know about fishing stuff...He has 3 REALLY nice rod and reels that he uses that are regular sized rods, i would guess 6-7'...does he need more? i mean he can only use 3 at a time, plus i have my 2, and kendall has her ugly stick, plus an extra ugly stick laying around.

14. goingfishin

goingfishin New Member

State:
    Topeka, Ka
    A man could never have enough rods and reels. Ive been trying to tell Jenny that for years. Let me give you some advice. If you cant do the work on a boat yourself do not let me say it again DO NOT buy a junker. Marina's charge way to much to work on boats and it is not something you want to get messed up with.(money pit) If you cant afford a good running boat wait untell you can. I learned the hard way.

15. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS

Does he need more???
    Do you need more than one pair of shoes? I mean you can only wear 2 at a time.:wink::smile2:

16. fishinfreak19D

State:
    Pittston, PA
    HAHAHA.....thanks:smile2:...but you cant pull the shoes out on me! i have only 3 pairs. im not the big girly girl like that (hence one of the reasons jeff started dating me back in the day...he saw my fishing lisence)

but the question still stands.....start getting the boat poles for him, even though we ae not sure we are getting the boat, or get the 12'??? like i said before, we are doing a lot more bank fishing right now because of the little man, and i cant take him on the boat.