Question.......

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by westvirginiacatfish, Mar 6, 2009.

1. westvirginiacatfish

westvirginiacatfish New Member

State:
    Ronceverte
    I've seen some people on here mention using shrimp for bait. Now my Question is what type of shrimp do you use ?

2. Jerry60k

Jerry60k New Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    Peeled or nonpeeled raw shrimp usually,you can get it cheap as it goes out of date at Krogers or maybe even Save A Lot.

I personaly havent did any good with shrimp for the price of a couple bags you could by a minnow trap for endless bait.

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Shawn,I buy bait shrimp here,Its usually packed in one pound boxes ,whole shrimp,Ones that have gone bad BEFORE they sell it,or small ones that aint worth much. I think last I bought was 3.00 a box

4. westvirginiacatfish

State:
    Ronceverte
    How do you guys fish it? Do you fish it on the bottom or with a float? I'm just looking to try some new things.:cool2:

5. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    i fish it on the bottom,but you can fish it under a float as well but ive had better luck with it on the bottom,to spice it up you can also get you some garlic powder put the shrimp in a big ziploc bag and cover the shrimp in the garlic powder then shake it up,and let it sit awhile.Just make sure its raw shrimp which will be brown.

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I just fish it on bottom,sometimes I peel it,other times I dont

7. westvirginiacatfish

State:
    Ronceverte
    I'm going fishing tomorrow and want to have as many baits as I can. You never know what will work. Thanks for the info.:cool2:. Also does it work best in lakes or rivers? Sorry so many questions.

8. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    works on both,it just depends on what they want that particular day.

9. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    listen if it stinks who cares, you can catch cats on anything that stinks....
    RAT

10. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I know there's places where shrimp is a good bait; I've tried em' raw, cooked, shells on & off, whole & bits on limblines and yo-yo's and have never caught anything with shrimp here in the KY River. I've never tried seasoning them w/garlic though. Anyway, IMO, fish ain't attracted to shrimp here, and it's a shame because it would be an excellent standby, backup bait that stays on the hook reasonably well, if it'd just catch fish........

11. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Ive caught a few on shrimp but its usually after I soak it in chicken blood.