Question?

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by westvirginiacatfish, Feb 5, 2009.

1. westvirginiacatfish

westvirginiacatfish New Member

State:
    Ronceverte
    My order from arrived today!!!!!........Now for my question...I got 4 of the ABU6000 rod and reel combos. What line would you suggest. I mainly fish from the bank no boat as of right now. Most of my fishing is lakes and some river fishing . any info would be very helpful. Hope to post some pictures soon of my rod and reels.:cool2:

2. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    I'd go with 20lb mono or 50lb braid. It'll be strong enough to get the job done but it'll also allow you to get the casting distance needed for bank fishing. Good luck with your new setups and hope you can break them in good!!

3. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    I have only 12lb. test on my ABU 6000. I use this rig for drift fishing. I like using only 12lb. test because it offers more line capacity. Another option would be using Power Pro braided line. This stuff is awesome!! Casting distance is great and it spools on nice and even too! I use the 14# test with 65# break strength on my ABU 6500 Chrome Rocket. Never had a problem with backlash issues. As long as the spool tension is set right. Always rem. to use mono backing before spooling with braid! Don't want any slippage to occur while casting!

4. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    30 lb trilene big cat, it's cheap, has lots of stretch and resists abrasion very well...jmo...:wink::cool2:

5. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    cant go wrong with power pro . I use 65 poung power pro very good line

6. Bravesnflat25

Bravesnflat25 New Member

State:
    Anderson
    50,65, or 80 pound power pro or 20lb berkley big game in solar green if you can get it

7. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    25 to 30 lb. mono of your choice (I like premium salt water ande) if your fishing any rough bottom structure, 65 lb. power pro for smooth bottoms. If your fishing rocks or throwing over drops from the bank the braid will cut to easy but the mono will hold up to the abuse.

8. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    100% Power Pro here!

Bill in SC

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    30# Berkley Big Game or 30# Suffix, will do the job nicely.

10. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    id use 20# cajun red line its real strong and abrasion resistant.

11. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Last year I discovered Hi SEAS,, Quattro line, mono,, I got some in 30# and am absolutely awed by the stuff,, I use it on Abu 6500's and 7000's,,, very tough, abrasion resistant, and the usual benefits of mono.... Got it from Cabelas...
    If you want a bit more line capacity, use 20#,,,,