Question to Tenn. Anglers

Discussion in 'Northern Pike Fishing' started by SGTREDNECK, Jul 30, 2009.

1. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have heard there are some. I have caught some in Maine. They are predators and will eat very large baits and fight better than a big flathead. They have razor sharp teeth. I have caught them over 30 lbs. I have some pics, somewhere let me see if I can find them. I will research it some more and get back to you.

2. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    The state record northern pike was 24 pounds 7.5 oz caught in South Holston Reservoir in 1995. I am not sure where that is at. I have caught them on 6-8 in swim baits casting into shallow water 1-4 feet, they like to hang around heavy cover and ambush their prey. This is during the warmer months. In the cooler months we troll for them with live baits, big minnows 4-6 inches work great. During the winter we drill a hole in the frozen lake and jig for them with ice fishing rods. They will give you the fight of a lifetime. I have caught 6 foot sharks and a 3 foot pike will fight just as hard if not harder. Do not stick your hand in their mouth. Good luck and let me know if you find anymore info on these. I would be interested in targeting these when I get home. They are really good eating as well. Really bonny but sweet meat. Andrew

3. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Never knew we had Pike in the Tenn waters but have fished for the muskies all up and down the Collins and caney here where I live.

Red neck let me know when you are coming home and we can set up a good catting trip for yea. I know some good holes on the west side and mid Tenn.

4. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Willard that sounds good. I am defenatly ready for a good cat fishing trip when i get back. I will be home sometime in October.

5. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Willard that sounds good. I am definatly ready for a good cat fishing trip when i get back. I will be home sometime in October. How good is the musky fishing in Tennessee?

6. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Musky fishing in Tenn is better in the fall and early spring, In the fall they are fattening up for the winter and spring its visa versa. Give me about a weeks warning and I'll hook the toon up and we can go to the nuke and get into some Cats or we can try the caney for some collins for some musky.

7. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Buddy sure hope they have that eye fixed up by then. Also you know you can't catch fish, unless your in my Lund LOL
    Pete

8. festus

festus New Member

TWRA stocked Melton Hill Lake in the 1980's with northern pike. Later they stocked it with muskies. I have heard of no pike being caught in this lake in several years, but there's plenty of muskies in there. Melton Hill Lake held the TN state record for pike for a while. If I'm not mistaken, there is no limit on pike in Tennessee. Maybe something with the eco system isn't right, so it sounds if there's no limit, TWRA doesn't plan on restocking them.