Question thermostat

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by tam, May 25, 2009.

1. tam

tam New Member

State:
    tx
    I am new to board & may be asking a dumb question; can you run a NS25C2 Nissan without thermostat? It is older carburetor model.
    Thanks, Jimmy

2. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Not wise to do it. The motor depends on the right temps to burn the fuel mix to get the best performance.

3. tam

tam New Member

State:
    tx
    That was a concern of mine. I thought since it was a older carburetor model I might get buy in the summer.
    The motor i purchased sat up for a long time. Guess it is same old story.Clean tank,put fresh gas {mixed too rich} new plugs & tried out.Ran ok at first,then lost power & shut down. Let cool down & came home. Put water pump in{old one looked good}& flushed out.went back to lake & same thing.I Killed it before overheat switch shut down.Flushed again,& also took thermostat out.Forgot to tell you the first time took thermostat out it was sluggy & {STICKY??} This time I left thermostat out. Went back to lake & ran long time & no overheating,but didn't want to idle. Died when try to idle low. Also forgot to tell you this time had oil mix 50/1.Was reading what you said about SeaFlow & bought some. Am thinking about putting a cap full in gas line {next to motor connection}& 1oz to gal.in tank & going back to lake.
    New to board,but have learning a lot from you & others.
    Thanks for sharing, Jimmy