Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys this may sound weird.I am currently using an old fridge to keep my bait and I can only keep about 30 bags and I want to keep more for hard times .Would it be possible to cut the bottom of freezer out and make the freezer freeze the entire box ?I m thinking it will work but it will burn up motor.Any opinions are appreciated.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
get a small chest frezzer one bout 3-4 cu ft, in the long run it will cheaper in electric. if you cut the bottom out of your unit, you may hit some hardware and lose the unit all together, also in cutting you have exposed the insulation you will need to put a patch over the exposed insulation to help maintain the seal. I would go to sears or a appliance shop and check out the chest frezzer and price them first, i have seen them as low a $125.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
or u can get one of the stand up freezers like the chest one but double the space

·
Registered
215 Posts
If you cut the bottom out of the freezer to freeze the frig part you gonna cut coils and ruin the whole thing....

·
Registered
693 Posts
The bottom of the freezer has not only cooling coils under the plastic and or metal, if equipted, it also contains the defrost coils on "frost free" models.
Try one of the "rent to own" stores. I found a dented up one a few years back for free. They hauling to the landfill.

·
Registered
966 Posts
we have a few appliance stores here that repair and sell used units, we just bought a fridge and they had a chest freezer for $25 if i had a place for it i woulda owned it too lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.