question on livewell? bass boat for cattn

Discussion in 'Boat Modification Journal' started by crazyKat, Nov 7, 2008.

1. crazyKat

crazyKat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i have a bass boat and behind the driver and passenger seat i have a livewell on both sides is storage compartments. im wondering how hard it would be to cut all that out and where the storage and livewell was put one big livewell out of fiberglass. then just hook everything back up to it so it works just like the factory one? is this possible? if i found a good bodywork guy do you think he could do this?

2. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    steve douglas did that very thing to his.. i think i seen some pics some were pm him and he may have some answers for you.. how big is your boat jody?

3. crazyKat

crazyKat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    its 19 foot. i like the boat. gets me to the spots fast just need a livewell. i will ask steve. see what he says.

4. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky
    jody ! i cut mine out and refiberglassed it back ti 1 big 60"x24"x14" livetank ! holds about 75 gal.

Attached Files:

5. Steve Douglas

State:
    Kentucky
    one more pic!

Attached Files:

6. crazyKat

crazyKat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    did u do it yourself or pay someone

7. Cuda

Cuda Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Name:
    Mike
    I'd make sure that you keep enough floation with that large of a livewell. You still need floation so you stay afloat. No livewell should be the cause of a boat to sink.

8. crazyKat

crazyKat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    yea i thought of that. the boat holds up to 5 people or x amount of weight. if its me and 1 other person then i would think the leivewll could weigh the same as 3 other people. am i right on that? i would think 4 hundred pounds or so cause i only weigh 150. wouldnt think it would sink.

9. Steve Douglas

State:
    Kentucky
    well guys! this is a ranger boat ! its full of floation, and i removed very little floation to make this live tank, 2 inches of a 2ftx2ft section! ive been using it like that now for 4 years, the pics you see are just new paint and i re plumbed it for my akwalung! when its full of water and fish, its a slow hole shot, but i still have my top end! 65ish! it even made the ride, a whole lot smoother when its full!

i fish by myself 99% of the time so the weights not a problem!

70 gallons = 560 lbs

and yes jody i did it my self! its very easy, had it done in 2 hours