Question On Kahle Hooks

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by knmfish, Oct 11, 2006.

1. knmfish

knmfish New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Do you use kahle hooks like circle hooks or do you set the hook.

2. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    K hooks will set themselfs like a circle hook if the fish goes on a good run. But unlike circle hooks you can set a K hook yourself.

3. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    they work both ways thats what makes them the best hook that there is you can set the hook our let them set it

4. catfishtonyd

catfishtonyd New Member

State:
    georgia
    I agree that Kahle hooks work both ways and they seem to be a lot more forgiving then the circle hooks. I have been trying circle hooks for about a month now and I am just about to go back to kahles full time.

5. Katphish

Katphish New Member

State:
    tennessee
    I love khales, Ive never let a fish set them by themselves, Id rather cross their eyes. But thats just a personal preference.

6. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    I've Never Used Kahles As Circles ( Self-Setting ) But What I've Read Here They Work Both Ways, I Always Set The Hook Myself When Fishing With Kahles.

7. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    You can use them eithier way just as others said, but I prefer to set the hook, if the fish goes on a big run I don't set the hook real hard, but if they are not running hard away from me I set it as hard as I can.

They are definitely my favorite hooks.

8. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Like the other guys said they work both ways, but my favorite way is to try to rip their lips off!!

9. BigCat72

BigCat72 New Member

State:
    OHIO
    I always set the hook

10. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Sometimes, when I'm in a good mood, I'll just flip my wrist up a bit to set my kahle hooked catfish. But, if I'm PO'ed about something, mostly about my b**** of a daughter in law, I'll cross their eyes so hard it almost tears their heads from the gills. Lots of times, though, they just set the hook themselves, especially when I'm busy trying to get unhung again.

11. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    Hey Kenny, Thanks For Asking That Question, I Had The
    Same Question, I Knew If I Looked Long Enough I Would Find A Thread About It.

Thanks Guys For All The Info You Share , What A Wealth Of Info
    This Site Is. "

12. IrishO'Brady

IrishO'Brady New Member

State:
    Ga
    I've thought about trying kahles, I have just had so much luck on circles its hard for me to see switching, I use 7/0 circles, what size hook do you guys use when fishing w/ kahles?

13. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Mostly, I use 5/0 and 6/0, sometimes smaller. Academy near my house doesn't stock anything bigger, but I've had no problems with the one's I use. May have to order some larger ones, though, will be targetting bigger blues this fall/winter/spring.

14. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Either. Make sure you are tight ot he fish before trying to set the hook, though. I generally just let most fish hook themselves with the rod in the holder.

15. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    The size I use the most is the Eagle Claw Nickle Plated 7/0 Kahle. But I keep 5/0 - 10/0 in the box. And as everyone has stated you can fish them like circles if you want to but setting the hook is part of the fun to me so I set it and set it hard:big_smile: .