Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

question on fishing hooks?

810 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Branj796 
#1 · (Edited)
when it says that the hooks are chemically sharpened does that mean they are better or worse or what compared to normal hooks? also when it says that they are forged that means they are stronger right? also what does it mean about a ringed eye?

#2 ·
ok i'll try to answer a few of these.

chemically sharpened hooks are far sharper than traditionally sharpened hooks.

yes forged hooks are stronger than formed hooks. the difference is both hooks are formed from heated wire but forged hooks are "hammered" while they're still hot and then cooled which makes the stronger.

ringed eye hooks are simply where the end of the shank is turned back toward the shank and form an eye then this can go 1 of 3 ways up turned, down turned, or straight.

hope this clears this up for you.

#3 ·
He said it perfect go get a gamagatsu hook that is machine sharpened or whatever and go get an Owner ssw they are way sharper then the gama's. I did fish with gama's until 2 weeks ago i got turned onto these owners they are freaking amazing but more pricey!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.