Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a few questions on the Danny Kings point then I'm new to the Danny King's punch bait I haven't done it yet but I will probably in a week or two I know you have to use your can you use trouble hooks can you use the treble hooks that's got to springs in them and can you use the debate tubes like the J hook dip bait tubes from team catfish like I say I'm new to using get punch baits and thank you for your input I'd like to try to find a big old set of treble hooks where you can get server when a package most of them only come with about six or three of them in a package and the way inflation is nowadays it's hard to buy those kind of stuff

·
Registered
Big Sam Arkansas
6,505 Posts
Everything is high let alone hooks....I find treble hooks cheap at flea markets and yard sales & thrift stores a lot.... always work danny kings bait really good before punching the hook in.....also if the sun's out I'll let it set in it about 30 minutes then open it and work it....last tip.....get a piece of metal conduit electrical pipe about 12-14 inches long.....take a hammer and flatten the piep on the end about 3inches...when it's flat in you a grinder grind a small V in the tip on the flat end...that will ensure you have total control when inserting the hook in the bucket....you can also use a paint stir stick if ya want...still need a V in the end....

·
Registered
200 Posts
What part of WV you from ? As far as prepared baits .Only place Ive ever caught cats on any of it was homemade and In Cumberland river in West KY down around Dycusburg and Pickney. And mostly were 3lbs or less .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts