Question of the day

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by FLOAT TRIP WILLIE, Aug 6, 2009.

1. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    WHOS FISHING AND WHERE????

2. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    You having withdrawals there Willie..

3. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I'm not feeling so hot Willie as I sit here in New York. I called the doctor and he said to take two aspirin and fish with Russ in the riverbend tournament on Saturday. : )

4. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis
    Why thank you for kindly donating your hard earned cash to me this saturday... You really are a cool dude:cool2: I dont care what the rest of the club thinks...............hehehe

5. MoDamselfly

MoDamselfly New Member

State:
    Mo
    If I could find a open dock Id talk Mike into go out for a couple hours tonight. But I doubt we can get into Flam. And I hear Hoppies charges though I'm not sure how much. I feel dry docked :sad2:

6. Manny

Manny New Member

State:
    Arnold, Mo
    If I have the energy Im going to try the Kimswick dike this evening for a few hours. Plus I will get to try out my homemade concrete weights. Poured them in disposable cups and added a piece af galvinized wire to tie on to. They weight roughly 15 to 16 ounces. Hopefully they keep me in place.

7. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis

HAHA.... Manny I tried some thing like that awhile back... I poked holes in the dirt, poured it in and inserted trebble hooks to tie on too... It took forever for it to harden up and they didnt hold worth a crap

8. Manny

Manny New Member

State:
    Arnold, Mo
    Wow, I do hope mine hold ill just have to see there shaped just like a cup.

Hmmm , why didnt yours hold ?

9. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Debbie, Hoppies charges 20 dollars to put in and take out.

10. Scaley Cat

Scaley Cat Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well Willie, I was gonna go. I got off work early, I was gonna pay Hoppy's my 20 bucks so I could beat Manny to that rock dyke , but my 7 year old son DIDN'T WANT TO GO and mom aint home yet. I think I need to get a DNA test done!

11. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    well willie, i will be fishing tonight for one of missouri's most feared predators....the very dangerous green perch. hopefully i will be able to score a couple dozen of them, and restock my bait tank.
    how did you do last night?
    i got a big fat zero......do you smell that? i swear i smell a skunk around here somewhere......oh well.:smile2:

12. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Sorry....you are probably smelling me. :eek:oooh::smile2:

13. Pipe Rat

Pipe Rat Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    I am not trying to be funny here. Are you serious this place charges 20 bucks to launch? I've never heard of such. The highest place around us is 6 dollars. Just wondering.:roll_eyes:

14. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    $20 that's unheard of :eek:oooh::crazy: someone is making some money off of people.

15. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    that is a ton considering the boat club is only like 40 a year after the first year.

16. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Yeah kind of crazy...Deb almost had me convinced we could put in on the cobble stones down town and it would be alright since we wouldn't be out too late. I need to find a ramp closer to the house to get on the river.

17. Mrs. Andy52

Mrs. Andy52 New Member

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    Wellllllll.....this morning, Friday, Andy52 is already out on the river with one of our fishing buddies. I am NOT there....repeat, I am NOT there....LOL. Some people have to WORK....no fun....:angry: !!! As they drove away, they had the audacity to wish me a good day (I could also hear them laughing...sheeesh) Gosh, but I hate seeing the boat go without me. BUT...tomorrow we will be going out, hot or not and I will have my weekly fishing fix :smile2:

18. MoDamselfly

MoDamselfly New Member

State:
    Mo
    :smile2: I know that feeling! I work every other weekend and Mike will go on Saturday nights when I'm working. But unfortunately he is just as dry docked as me if we don't find a ramp. And 20 bucks is alot but considering 20 or 200 for first year at boat club 20 sounds easy to swing. We would try up north but dang we would spend that same 20 in gas driving all the way up there pulling the boat. I've noticed gas just keeps creeping up, its 2.60 here now. :sad2: Although cheaper than last year at this time.

19. MoDamselfly

MoDamselfly New Member

State:
    Mo
    Thanks and ouch! I wonder if anyone has ever approached Hoppie and asked if they have a yearly ramp fee that maybe cheaper. Lakes in KY will do that kinda like the boat club. It will be 6 bucks to launch or buy a ramp access pass for so much. We need a sweet talking club member like Kutter or Cuz to have a chat, I might even buy a Hoppies Marina t -shirt or two to do some advertising. :wink::smile2:

20. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis
    [QUOTE Hmmm , why didnt yours hold ?[/QUOTE]

I have no idea.... I think the bud light had some thing to do with it......

I didnt hook the trebble deep enough... and i only made four