Question - How to cast a slip bobber?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by tomcat85, Aug 14, 2006.

1. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    whenever your using a slip bobber say a mainwolf slip bobber for instance i havent gotten one yet but im planning on it :big_smile: say your fishing really deep how do you cast it with that big line hanging down?

2. bigcat_chaser

bigcat_chaser New Member

State:
    Cincy, Ohio
    hey check out the short video put out by big george about slip bobbers was posted by catfish commando a couple days ago very informative

3. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    ok where do i find this? lol

4. bigcat_chaser

bigcat_chaser New Member

State:
    Cincy, Ohio
    check on todays new posts about page six the title wil be about slip bobber or use site search engine and type slip bobber will come right up pm me if you cant find it and i'll get ya right to it its worth your time to find it:smile2:

5. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    Tom go to the boc library you will find what you need there.

6. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
  7. master_cat

master_cat New Member

State:
    tennessee
    a slip bobber sits at the bottem of the line around where yer sinker is and u have a stop up on the line for watever depth u want thats the joy of using one they are easy to cast when it hits the water the line slips threw it and hits the stop easy as that

8. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    seriously brothers thanks for all the help. i really appreciate it.

9. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    I ordered some Maine Wolf bobbers and light sticks which came in yesterday. I'm real anxious to try them. I like the size of the bobbers. You can put some serious weight under them and they won't get pulled under. This should overcome the drag from the bobber on long casts.

10. Taslagi

Taslagi New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    thanks for the info, I needed it too

11. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Congrats on your purchase, I'm sure you will enjoy them!!!

12. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    see thats the point of a slip bobber.... so it slips around the line so you don't have to have 25 feet of line out (realllly hard to do if not near impossible) to cast... the bobber will slip down to the swivel/weight/whatever and allow you to cast then go and slide all the way down if given enough line and weight to pull the line againt the water tension

as for setting depth... let the fish tell you what they want... try at the top and work your way down till your consistantly getting hits...

13. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yep, that's right.

I would just like to add though that I recently discovered how the Cats can truly get so suspended you can't even catch them on the bottom. This summer (My first summer with a boat) I have gotten to try many different and new things. Well I wasn't getting ANY bites at all on the bottom so started using Slip Bobbers and as soon as I started using them I started catching nice Blue Cats. In the summer you need to fish the Thermocline I guess, and slip bobbers the best way to do that.

Good luck

14. jmfraz

jmfraz New Member

State:
    Houston, Texas
    That very helpful for me too. Thanks to Big George for the excellent video too!!