Question for you Muskingum guys

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by flathunter, Apr 5, 2009.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    We have alot of muskingum river catfishermen on here, and I know most of you fish from a boat, or have access to a boat.

So I ask you this, if you no longer had a boat, would you still fish for flatheads from the muskingum from the bank only?.

I know alot of people who fish my river bank fish it, mainly because of lack of boat ramps, and alot of shallow water.

Just trying to understand the differances in the 2 river systems...And if the Muskingum has enough bank acces spots, to fill your needs.

Plus I am bored and baby sitting and cant get out, so I like to hear about other rivers.

2. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    I fish From boat on the M,m,m,river.I do like a boat .So I can be mobile.But There is a lot of acess from Bank.Alot of these spot produce fish.I still fish from the banks.When I dont want to make a boat trip.When I didnt have a boat I still fished 2 times a week.Just thought a boat would would produce more fish.Not always true.

3. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    The bank spots are like all rivers.If you want to walk theres good spots an some are right of the road.No boat I would still try to catch my flatheads from bank.I do runa jett outboard.I can run in 6ins of water.Lets fish your river from boat .Then fish the Mighty Muddy Muskium.Then we can fish both from Bank.Then we can see the results.

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I fish mainly from a boat on the rivers I fish. If I didn't have a boat, I would still bank fish for flatheads. But, I like the advantage of being able to be mobile, targeting active fish. Yes, some nights its good to sit on a a spot, but I catch more fish by moving spot to spot, especially when fishing tournaments. The Muskingum has alot of bank access, and some sections it gets hit hard during the summer from the bank all season long. I used to primarily bank fish on the river, but a boat has definetly made life better for me....rollo

5. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Hell Yes I'd still fish the bank. This river is an awesome flathead producer. You just have to be more patient, and pick your spots when bank fishing. The flats are still in there. A guy can learn alot about the when,where,and what about flatheads, if he puts his time in on the bank.

Good question Jack.

6. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    Hey Jack...get a boat:wink: