Question for you Kentuckians..

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by BLKCLOUD, Oct 8, 2007.

1. BLKCLOUD

BLKCLOUD New Member

State:
    Pulaski Tn
    I have a pet medication business and several times a week some one from Kentucky will call and want to find out if there is a dealer for us in their area or did they just need to order form me, i'll ask them where they live and 95% of the time the answer will be.. I live in Hopkins county Ky, or I live in Monroe county KY or I live in Christian county Ky .so then I have to ask..what is your county seat.. aw..its Madisonville, or Bowling Green, or Hopkinsville..Now why wouldn't they just tell the town to start with?? I never have anyone in the whole rest of the US every give out a answer like this..Its nothing wrong with it but it just puzzles me.. I'm sure there is a simple explanation. thanks!!

2. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    I worked in KY most my adult life. Left enough tax money over there to shoot my mouth off.(I'm a "Who's yer Daddy".)
    Ky. is a "commonwealth". The counties couldn't quit fighting long enough to pull together a real state. Too many feuds. ie see the movie, "Next of Kin". When they answer what county they are from, they are telling you how big an army yer up against.
    For goodness sake, sell them what they want. Give em a discount for being in Ky. In fact ya might come out to the good offering barter. Great hams and preserves. LOL

:smile2:

3. BLKCLOUD

BLKCLOUD New Member

State:
    Pulaski Tn
    :smile2::smile2:

4. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    Yep, I got three counties worth of kinfolks ready to roll. :smile2:

5. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Its like that here in parts of Tennessee too.IMO its because there are so few people in the counties outside the counties with cities ie. Nashville,Memphis.when football season comes around its the counties that play. this week Lewis County will be on the road, they play Wayne Co_One public in the Co, so they go by the county.When I go to Pulaski, I go to Giles co. JMHO smokey

6. BLKCLOUD

BLKCLOUD New Member

State:
    Pulaski Tn
    now that's funny!! :smile2::smile2:

7. KY King Kat

KY King Kat New Member

State:
    KY
    Well, I live in Marion, KY, what you've never heard of it...It has a Mcdonald's, 2 stop lights, 14 gas stations, 1,234 churches and about 2,000 people. However, Crittenden County is where im from and we have the Ohio River, top notch hunting and about 8,000 people in the county....
    if that helps.lol

8. KY King Kat

KY King Kat New Member

State:
    KY
    we were the 1985 class A state football champs for cryin out loud!!!!
    lmao

9. BLKCLOUD

BLKCLOUD New Member

State:
    Pulaski Tn
    I'm going to visit Crittenden County some day, A guy there sent me 2 hot checks a few years ago and I'm going to stop by and throw a brick through his windshield..:angry:

10. KY King Kat

KY King Kat New Member

State:
    KY
    well, if you need any directions give me a shout. In Kentucky we call them cold checks...just another one of those ky things i guess.

11. BLKCLOUD

BLKCLOUD New Member

State:
    Pulaski Tn
    Its funny the things you can learn on here..about a month ago a guy called me and somewhere in our conversation he mentioned a "cold check".. I didnt have a clue as to what he meant..now it all makes sense..!!!!:smile2:

12. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    See Keith, this place is a gold mine of information. Now in Ky. an south IN. someone will tell ya they are giving ya a "cold check". That means it's post dated so hold off till the right date.
    At the bank a "cold check" is one with insufficient funds. You went head put it thru, fore the milk was at the dairy, LOL.
    I still know a place down Ky. ya can put cash on a stump, ring the bell.....leave for 20 minutes & come back ; an the jug will be on the stump.
    Safer with cash I think, but I did leave a box of 15 Winchester slugs one day when things were a lil tight, and a pint jar was on the stump when I came back. That's the barter part I mentioned.
    :big_smile:
    My old Ky. home.

13. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    Man, Blkcloud, I am from crittenden county as well. Which is the town of Marion, same as Tanner. To me cold checks must freeze solid and gel because they really bounce. Hopefully you hit that guy in the head with the brick when you throw it through his window.