Question for you guys

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by Little Luey, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    About 3 weeks a go or so I was fishing at a canal and there was something like moss on the water surface, then a week later I saw the same moss like stuff floating in Mittri lake. I figure the weeds were dying off but yesterday I still saw a lot of weeds on the canal I was before.

What is this stuff and why was it visible then? is it the weather change doing this?

2. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    it could be because of the weather change and it is dying off, but more that likely it is because of the current flow or because they are dreadging farther up the canal. seems to happen alot this time of year.

3. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    it's the start of the winter die off. lakes are starting to do it too.
    gary

4. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Hey guys... last trip to Martinez (Yuma) when I was taking my poles out of the boat after getting home.... One of my poles was rather encased with some "crapola".... about 3/16 inch dia. around several places on the line... I think that the line was braid... and somehow this stuff started "addhearng" to the line in minute layers, and then thicked up as it came through the guides on the pole...... When it was taken off, it appeard as a "Caddis Shell" on the line..... anyone seen that before?????

bayrunner ray

5. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i have seen it out here before ray. i think it is from the silt in the water, but i am not sure.