question for northern states hunters

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by CatfishHateMe, Nov 13, 2006.

1. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    anyone on here from northern us, cuz i was talking to our new neighbor and he said they can use ak-47s and assult rifles in minnesota to hunt deer with? what the heck is that? the united states special forces use assult rifles for taking over terrorist embedded in caves. not deer. i dunno but a shotgun and a shot no more then about 50 yards is all your gettin in indiana. is this shocking to anyone else or am i just used to our rules:confused2: the guy is obviously an idiot because he was bragging about how he shot this huge buck when he was smoking a joint. not exactly your class a hunter.

2. mobowhtr

mobowhtr Member

State:
    MO
    Some states have few caliber regulations, other states have a bunch of restrictions. If he is getting high and proud of it, you probably shouldn't put a whole lot of stock in what he has to say.

3. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    You can see in catalogues replacement magazines for SKS, & AK's for 5 rd units. That's so hunters can use them legal. The 7.62x39mm hollow point is an excellent cartridge for deer hunting. (Ruger's Mini 30) I'm surprised IN hasn't made some changes in it's policy though since the rifled barrels for shotguns have come along. Fellas are "reaching out there" with scoped units. I think they should let us use legal pistol cartridges in carbines. Bout the same range. And much more accurate than the pistols we can use. Go figure? But opinions vary. I'm still trying to figure out the S&W 500 unit. It's legal. But I think ya have to be smoking the other stuff to shoot it once. Then go get the stitches in yer face. Eleven on the guy I watched.
    It's a crazy world.
    They call it Dope for a reason.

4. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Got my first deer with an SKS.Broadside shot,walked 20 yards and collapsed.Here in Mo.,it must be a centerfire and hold no more than 10 cartridges.Not sure about the caliber size,if there is a minimum.Cost me 99$ brand new.Good starter rifle,little recoil and cheap ammo=lots of pratice at the range.

Smoking a joint while hunting???Who held his beer for him while he rolled it??Freaking idiot!!

5. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    My SKS was my first centerfire rifle, cost me 69.00 new. I had a couple .22 rimfire's but SKS's were cheap and the cheapest centerfire ammo out there. I had a folding stock and 30 round mags but placed a scope and 5 rd mag to take my first deer also. I don't think it's very accurate and wouldn't shoot more than 75 yards with confindance. It's retired as a "fun" gun to just shoot lot's of cheap russian ammo, 1000 rounds still only costs around 79.00 bucks.

6. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il

exactly, some shotugn hunters with high powered scopes and a rifled barrel loaded with a sabot slug can shoot 100+ if they have the right conditions. and for the S&W 500, 3$ a shot, recoil of a civil war cannon, dont think so.