Question for Nimrod

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by Arkie55, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Since most if not all the rivers in the state are either flooded or near flooded, I've developed a keen interest in your "baiting" and the places you choose to bait. A few questions:

1. How do you choose your areas or what are you looking for?

2. Method of baiting?

3. Chum of choice?

4. Bait used once a hole is baited?

5. How many holes do you keep baited and how often do you bait them?

6. What rig or rigs do you perfer?

7. How are you positioning you boat to present the bait to the hole?

These will do for starters. By the way, those are some nice channel you are catching. Just right for the skillet or freezer.

2. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Arkie we may never fish in the rivers in Arkansas for a while the water is high in a lot of places. I guess we will have to learn to lake fish.:sad2:

3. NIMROD

NIMROD New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Good luck. This works only in water with no currents that would carry off chum.

4. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Thanks Nimrod, I really appreciate the reply. I also received your PM and will give you a call as soon as my schedule will allow. I would really like to learn your method. I do have one more question. After you bait your holes, approximately how long before the cats are drawn to the area?

5. NIMROD

NIMROD New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    It's normal to catch fish the next day . I don't fish at night. The more times in a row you feed the better it usually gets.

6. NIMROD

NIMROD New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I TOOK A COUPLE OF GUYS OUT ON A TRIP THIS MORNING AND LIMITED IN WAY LESS THAN 4 HOURS . WE HAD 30 CATS UP TO 8 LBS WITH AN AVERAGE ABOVE 3LBS EACH , PROBABLY CLOSE TO 100 LBS TOTAL. THEY ARE JUMPIN IN THE BOAT.:wink:

7. Jacob W

Jacob W New Member

State:
    Arkansas & Oklahoma
    WOW! You are really tearing them up. I guess your method of baiting a hole is starting to really pay off. Thats just so much fun when you can reel in fish after fish. Especially fish that can go over 5lbs easily. Good for you!

8. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Nimrod how much feed do you put in each hole.

9. NIMROD

NIMROD New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I put out 50lb sack first day and 1/2 sack every day or two. I feed atleast every other day whether I fish or not. Best to have 2 or three holes baited if you fish a lot and rotate them. I take lots of folks ,so I rotate holes to keep from fishing one out.

10. NIMROD

NIMROD New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I've done it for years with good results.