Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Question for knife sharpening guru's.

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Doc-a-boo 
#1 ·
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but i assume you hunters take care of your knives....

Anyway i bought a DMT diamond bench stone which is absolutely awesome for fixing up dull edges, it removes material quickly but doesn't really finish the edge and leave it razor sharp. I believe its rated at a 650 grit. I also have a double sided leather paddle strop with 2 different compounds and if i finish the knife off on that and it comes up alot better but i still feel like im missing an intermediate step between the diamond sharpener and strop.

Can anyone recommend a good bench stone that would fill that void between the diamond sharpener and strop?

#6 ·
They will all do about the same,I.e.ceramic,1200 grit diamond stone,,its about your personal preference on how you sharpen your knives..there are about a thousand ways to put a good edge on a knife,axe,tomahawk etc.ect. Eventually you'll find your own way that works for you..if your last step is a strop,,,your doing good and won't be long before you shave hair with it....good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.