Question for all you blackcat owners

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by field989, May 16, 2007.

1. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    ok i was readin up about them and it said they had a V shaped spool and i was curious abou this....

also

would u recommend this reel?
    seems like a good one and is sharp looking

2. NCCatter

NCCatter Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Jeff I just bought 2 of them, plus 2 of the 7000 Big Game Ambassadeur Reels, and love both kinds. What they mean by a v-shaped spool is the spool that you put line on is literally "V"-shaped, either to hold more line or help the line keep from slipping on the spool. I caught a 22# blue with it the other night and it worked great. Also caught a 37# blue with the 7000 and I must say, I like this reel alot better. If I had it to do over I would have bought 2 more 7000's and saved $30 by doing so. All in all, the Black Cat reels are a very good reel and should serve you well. Hope this helps.

3. lobo

lobo New Member

State:
    ks
    i bought 2 of them this is the frist time using baitcasters had hardly any trouble learning to cast them only have cauht about 4 or 5 lbs fish with them so far i like them so far

4. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    i just got 2 of the black cats and i love them. they look delux on th white ugly stix.:smile2: why is it some of us just got to have "2" of everything?:lol: :tounge_out:

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Bill it's known as Fishing Fever. An itch that has to be scratched.:lol: :big_smile:

6. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    One is on the way! Actually, hope to find it at my door step when I get off of work today.:wink: Already got a white ugly stik catfish pole waiting for it!

If they meet my seal of approval, I'm gonna order more!

7. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Don't worry about scratching it, it doesn't help. Sadly, there's no none cure in medical science. It's just a illness that we and our families have to learn to live with. The worst thing about the illness is that it's highly contageous, causing you to loose your favorite fishing hole to whoever caught it from you!:sad2:

8. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    Yeah, "scratching it" just makes it worse....Kinda like spreading "poison oak".....Next thing you know, up pops another reel/rod......Oh well, satisfaction in purchases is just as important as catchin em....Dwight

9. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    yea i know i thought i had it cured but sombody posted that they saw the green 7000 for 69.99+sh and wouldnt you know it that darn itchs back.:embarassed:

10. STUMPKNOCKER

STUMPKNOCKER New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Crazy, i have three flathead rodnreels i would still like to have 1 of every one made.:smile2:

11. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Sorry about that:sad2: I had to have the 69.99 9000BG myself! I don't want to be the only one suffering here:lol:

12. iabowhunter

iabowhunter New Member

State:
    South East Iowa
    With all this talk about the Abu Blackcat I had to go check it out. Oh yeah, I got one one the way! My wife wanted a river pole anyway. I figure she should have one thats already broke in.